- Bengals Host Toy Drive at Game
- Scratching Post Open House
- 2013 Jingle Bell Run/Walk
- Fundraiser for baby with brain tumor
- Bengals Give Back and Deliver Lunch to the Elderly
- The Lord's Gym Lends Helping Hands
- Matthew 25 Sends Medical Help to Philippines
- Community Rallies Around Sheriff's Pilot with Cancer
- Local Philippine Relief Effort
- Young Girl Awaiting Brain Surgery Collecting Toys for Kids at Children's Hospital
- Operation Christmas Child Collects for Kids Around the World
- Heroes Fund
- Loved Ones Rally for Teen with Cancer
- Bengals Host Annual Meijer Canned Food Drive to Benefit Freestore Foodbank
- The Q Kidz Take The Stage to Raise Awareness
- Mariemont Senior Kicks to Fight Hunger
- Home Depot Volunteers Rehab Odd Fellows Cemetery
- Volunteers Renovate Historic Amelia Cemetery
- Check-Out Hunger In Our Community
- Fighting Hunger 5k benefiting Matthew 25 Ministries
- Potters Team Up to Fight Childhood Hunger in Our Community
- Cincinnati Declares "Extra Mile Day" on November 1
- World Stroke Day Prevention Screenings
- Fighting Hunger 5k
- Local Student Reaching New Heights Raising Money for Research
- The Rusty Ball 2013
- Osgood's Damm Family Auction
- Tours of Abandoned Shillito's to Benefit Cancer Patient
- Friars Club of Cincinnati
- Friars Club Groundbreaking on Facility to Help Young People
- $100,000 Grant Benefits Gateway College
- Key to the Cure Community Event
- Police Work to Get Car Seats to Families in Need
- DHL Plane Pull Kicks Off Ultimate Tug of War to Raise Money to Support Special Olympics Kentucky
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K
- Cow Chip Bingo Raises Money for School Track
- eat. play. give.
- Annual Coat Drive
- Students Sleep Outside to Draw Attention to Homelessness
- 'Recipe for Success' on Nov. 3 will raise funds for hospitality program
- Crayons to Computers Announced as 2013 Impact 100 Grant Recipient
- Bengals Blood Drive
- Local Students Take Part in Non-Profit Showcase
- Benefit for family of Hillsboro teen killed in fire
- GCDA holding second annual Dance College Fair
- Zombies Raise Hunger Awareness
- Volunteers Test Vision of Local Students
- Students Donate Hair for Cancer Patients
- Haunted House Raises Money for Charity
- Tickets for the 6th annual Rusty Ball on sale Monday
- Power Pack Program
Friars Club of Cincinnati
Updated: Wednesday, October 30 2013, 03:45 PM EDT
ST. BERNARD, Ohio (WKRC) -- The Friars Club of Cincinnati has plans to increase its efforts to help at-risk kids.
The club broke ground on a new facility on October 23rd. It's located on Vine Street in St. Bernard, which is on the south side of the Roger Bacon campus.
The Friars Club is sponsored by the Franciscan Friars Province of St. John the Baptist.
They help at-risk youth through organized sports, activity, nutrition and fitness.
Friars Club is a 152-year-old non-profit social service organization dedicated to serving the special needs of Cincinnati's at risk children through organized sports, activity, nutrition and fitness.
Many of today's kids lack parental supervision. Children need supervision especially in low income areas. There is a tendency for high drug and alcohol abuse, a breakdown of family structure and a climate of violence. As evidenced by the growing violence in our city today, as a community, we are not offering enough opportunities for youth to develop their values in a positive way.
Friars Club offers that opportunity to boys and girls and establishes a different set of values teaching them respect, responsibility, good sportsmanship and leadership and conflict resolution skills through sports.
Friars Club instruction and guidance builds healthy bodies, minds and spirit by bolstering self-esteem and self-discipline, reinforcing positive behavior and addressing nutrition needs.
Friars Club is a Sponsored Ministry of the Franciscans, Province of St. John the Baptist, Cincinnati, Ohio USA