Student Athlete of the MonthWellington Orthopaedics Student Athlete of the Month
WHO CAN ENTER
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be a teacher, athletic director, coach, or school administrator of one of the Participating High Schools (as defined below) who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WKRC-TV viewing area. Nominees must be either a junior (11th grade) or senior (12th grade) member enrolled at and participate in at least one interscholastic athletics at one of the Participating High Schools; have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or better; and be a leader in school and the community.
Participating High Schools: Amelia High School (Batavia), Anderson High School (Cincinnati), Archbishop McNicholas High School (Cincinnati), Batavia High School (Batavia), Bethel-Tate High School (Bethel), Fairfield High School (Fairfield), Glen Este High School (Cincinnati), Mariemont High School (Cincinnati), Mother of Mercy High School (Cincinnati), New Richmond High School (New Richmond), Seton High School (Cincinnati), St. Xavier High School (Cincinnati), Turpin High School (Cincinnati), Western Brown High School (Mt. Orab), William Henry Harrison High School (Harrison).
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WKRC-TV (the Station), WSTR, Wellington Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
HOW TO ENTER
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per nominee.
(b) Log onto www.local12.com to complete the online nomination form with your name, address, phone, age, name of nominee, and submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. You can also print out the nomination form from www.local12.com and mail the completed form to: Wellington Orthopaedics Student Athlete of the Month " c/o Local 12 WKRC-TV " 1906 Highland Avenue " Cincinnati, OH 45219.
(c) The contest starts on September 1, 2013 and ends at 8:30 a.m. EST on December 15, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by Station by 8:30 a.m. EST on the 15th day of each month during the Contest Period to qualify for the monthly selection. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries or mail, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of four (4) judges comprised of Station personnel based on the following criterion: 34% athletic participation/performance, 33% academics, and 33% leadership. On September 18, 2013, October 15, 2013, November 15, 2013, and December 17, 2013, one (1) winner will be determined by the panel of judges from among valid entries, for a total of four (4) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next monthly selection.
(e) All entries received that are incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Four (4) winners will be selected, one winner each month. Each winner will receive a plaque and $100 Skyline Chili gift card. The prize is valued at $140.
As a condition of winning, each winner must provide evidence of his/her grade point average and a picture (in one of the following formats: jpg, gif, tiff or bmp and up to 9MB in size) to use on-air, and allow the Station to announce him/her as Wellington Orthopaedics Student Athlete of the Month during the Stations Friday Night Final segment and/or Sports Authority and congratulate him/her as the winner in promotional spots airing on the Station. Winner cannot select a specific broadcast date to be featured. The Station reserves the right to change the broadcast date at any time. Breaking news or acts of nature beyond our control may force cancellation or postponement of the feature, and will be solely at the discretion of the Station. The value of the on-air appearance cannot be determined.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by phone. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within five (5) days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. If a winner is a minor, then the winners parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score, as determined by the judges in their sole and absolute discretion.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that [insert legal entity of station], Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
1. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WKRC-TV, 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45219 and on the Stations website at www.local12.com.
2. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WKRC-TV, 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45219 by July 1, 2013. Due to the nature of the contest, only the first name of the winning nominee will be disclosed.
3. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., and Wellington Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
5. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.