MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Dog owner issues warning after chihuahua chokes on popular treat

Dog owner issues warning after chihuahua chokes on popular treat (KDVR via CNN Newsource)

BOULDER, Colo. (WKRC) - A Colorado man is warning other dog owners after a popular dog treat got stuck in his chihuahua's throat.

KDVR reports that the veterinarian visit cost Lyman Sutherberg $3,000 after he gave his dog, Kona, a treat that was shaped like a toothbrush on one end and an oval on the other.

The treat matches the description of "Whimzees Brushzees Natural Daily Dental Dog Treats."

Sutherberg said, over the next few days, Kona couldn't keep her food down. When he took her to the vet, the treat was discovered lodged in her throat.

"I think the word needs to get out that there is a risk here and more people know of the risk and perhaps they can make adjustments to what they are giving their dogs," Sutherberg said.

Trending