Friends bring prom to girl burned in fire pit
GLENDALE HEIGHTS, Ill. (WKRC) - A teen who was severely burned in a fire pit last month got a chance to experience prom thanks to her friends bringing the prom to her.
Korryn Bachner, 15, was among a dozen teens injured when a boy poured gasoline on a bonfire.
WLS reports her head is covered in bandages and her injuries kept her from attending her prom.
So, her date decorated the basement and friends stopped over before going to the actual dance.
"Having all my friends support helps a lot," Korryn said. "Gets my mind off things."
Doctors expect Korryn to fully recover from the burns, but it could take months.