WATCH FULL: Your Voice, Your Future – "Childhood Poverty: Cincinnati's Crisis"
CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Local 12 is beginning a second year of covering this community’s crisis.
Cincinnati’s Childhood Poverty Collaborative recently met to release its five recommendations. The roundtable discussed the collaborative’ s recommendations, as well as what’s missing from the plan to help improve the city’s child poverty rate. The town hall was held at Local 12 on the issue Tuesday night, December 6.
Viewers participated via social media. One of the great things about the town halls was that anyone sitting at home watching could participate. The two hashtags used on Twitter and Facebook were #cincytakesonpoverty and #yourvoiceyourfuture.
Over 2016 and continuing into 2017, Local 12 News has been reporting on stories about childhood poverty in Cincinnati; working to find the cause of the problem and what can be done to address it.
- Lynn Marmer – Executive Director, Childhood Poverty Collaborative
- Ozie Davis – President, Ozie Davis & Associates & Avondale Community Advocate
- Rev. Damon Lynch, Jr. – New Jerusalem Baptist Church
- Dr. Patricia White – Executive Director, Leadership Scholars
- Robert Doar – American Enterprise Institute
Community Action Agency: 513-569-1840
Urban League: 513-281-5999
Cincinnati Works: 513-744-9675
Jobs Plus: 513-241-1800