- Nick Lachey talks "Frozen" parody
- National Chili Day
- IronPigs new skin?
- Going viral!
- Social Media Guard
- Huey hair?
- Toy Fair
- Cherry Thing-A-Lings
- Bacon Week
- Shovel Racing
- Star Wars Football?
- The 7AM Switch
- Props for sale!
- Toothpaste Goes Bold
- Bad Lip Reading - More NFL
- Cute Kid Performs Parody
- Wookie Tweets
- Getting in the game
- How to sell a used car
- The Cooler: Tongue Twister
- A Sith Selfie?
- The Pancake Man
- Ron Burgundy at the Desk
- Bob Becomes the Grinch to Interview the Grinch
- The Cooler: Ugly Sweater Run
- The Cooler: The Hungry Games
- The Cooler: The Word of the Year
- The Cooler: Jedi Camp
- The Cooler: Looking for Jedis?
- The Cooler: Bacon Deodorant
- The Cooler: Man tases wife
- The Cooler: Sports director channels Ron Burgundy
- The Cooler: Scotchy Scotch Scotch
- The Cooler: Pumpkin Art
- The Cooler: Bacon Soda
- The Cooler: Starbucks Drake Hands
- The Cooler: Ron Burgundy
- The Cooler: Dream Slip-n-Slide
- The Cooler: Ghost The Musical
- The Cooler: The Pelican Drop?
- The Cooler: Flugtag!
- The Cooler: Bohemian Gravity
- The Cooler: OU's band does "The Fox"
- The Cooler: Bond car sells at auction
- The Cooler: The Most Wurst?
- The Cooler: Weird Wedding Photos
- The Cooler: Gravy Wrestling
- The Cooler: Freaky First Pitch
- The Cooler: Thursday, August 22
- The Cooler: Magic Beard
- The Cooler: Space Food Research
- The Cooler: Illinois State Fair Holds Husband-Calling Contest
- The Cooler: Yo-Yo Masters On The Cooler: Monday, August 11th
- The Cooler: Harp Twins
- The Cooler: Fiat Floating Cars?
- The Cooler: It's the Jar with a Twist!
- The Cooler: Tuesday, July 31
- The Cooler: Tuesday, July 30th
- The Cooler: Monday, July 29th
- The Cooler: Anti-Shark Suit
- The Cooler: Antelope Escape Route
- The Cooler: A FURari?
- The Cooler: Wheel Gymnastics
Bob Becomes the Grinch to Interview the Grinch
Updated: Friday, November 29 2013, 09:06 AM EST
CINCINNATI (Bob Herzog) -- Who could possibly be meaner than the guy who cut in line in front of you and nabbed the last 50-inch LCD TV? Who I ask? No one. Well, maybe this guy. "Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot. But the Grinch, who lived just north of Whoville, did not. Yeah."
That man is an abominable dump heap, filled with the most horrible rubbish imaginable. Ok, he's not that bad, but Icelandic actor Stefán Karl Stefánsson does play the mean one. He's Mr. Grinch, in Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas! the Musical", now on stage at the Aronoff Center, a season special of Broadway in Cincinnati.
Though he might look and sound a little imposing, I mean he has all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile, in his heart, he's a big softie. "It all comes down to this final moment where the family is together, eating the Christmas roast beast. That's where things are quiet, there's no shopping. Everything is closed, and we look into each other's eyes and say, Merry Christmas."
I think his heart grew three sizes during that interview. Or, it could be that he was weirded out by how he was being interviewed. See that? That's the Grinch being interviewed by the Grinch. Let me explain what's happening here. To really get inside the mind of the Grinch I had to become the Grinch.
First that meant going through what I call the grinchification process. Frankly, that took some time. Over an hour and a half, is how long it took to make me look like Stefan looks everyday when he becomes the Grinch.
Then once suited-up in the surprisingly breathable costume. I got accustomed to my hairy fingers, learned how to sneak like the Grinch. Then I focused on his quest. "I must stop Christmas from coming."