- Possible Connection Between Cincinnati Sinus and Migraines
- Urgent Plea for Blood Donors
- Couple Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer at the Same Time
- Medical Edge: Thanksgiving Holiday Eating
- Ask the Experts: Everolimus to Treat Breast Cancer
- Device Can Stop Excessive Sweating
- Improved Face Filler Available in the Tri-State
- New Technology to Melt Fat
- Cancer Doctor Says He's Inspired by Patients
- Medical Edge: Concussion Study
- Cyberknife Treats Prostate Cancer in Less Time
- Breakthrough Technology to Help Beat Prostate Cancer
- Medical Edge: Sweetener Options
- Local Doctor Honored
- Signing Up for Insurance at Florence Pharmacy
- Role Family History Plays in Heart Disease
- Testesterone Therapy Linked to Cardiovascular Issues in Some
- May We Help Organization Helps Man Paint With Mouth
- Local Man Loses Half His Weight After Embarassing Incident
- Sisters Share Their Dad's Story for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness
- Efforts to Lower Premature Birth Rates in Tri-State
- Raising Awareness for a Stroke Side Effect
- Dance Your TaTas Off
- Outreach Program Helps Moms Have Healthy Babies
- Center for Respite Care is a National Model
- Can Supplement Help Low Libido in Women Who Take Birth Control
- Medical Edge: Diabetes Dog Trained to Detect Symptoms
- Mobile Breast Cancer Diagnostics Van in Montgomery Today
- Medical Edge: Striders With Stollers
- Tri-State Doctor Helps Victims at Deadly Tennessee Bus Crash
- Ask the Experts: Bring Down Blood Pressure
- Medical Edge: Why get a flu shot?
- Learning Hands-Only CPR
- Woman Treated for Severe Incontinence
- Cancer Survivor Shares Story of Inspiration
- Ride 430 Challenge Fundraiser for Injured Military Members
- Ask the Experts: Loose Hip Joints
- Hike for Hospice, Support for End of Life Care
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Awareness
- Prescription Coverage Under Affordable Care Act
- Give Charlie a Chance
- Medical Edge: Allergy Relief
- Volunteers Needed for Avian Flu Vaccine Trial
- Universal Drug Testing for Pregnant Women
- Medical Edge: Designated Drivers
- Power is Teal Ovarian Cancer Walk
- Ask the Expert About Online Prescriptions
- 3D Plastic Surgery Preview
- Wellness At Work
- Heart Vest Saves Erlanger Man
- Medical Edge Wrap Week of Sept. 9
- Healthy Fall Foods
- Wear Teal Friday For Ovarian Cancer Awareness
- UC Medical Center Team Helps Burn Victim
- Program Offers Support For Mental Illness
- Chief Of Police Gets Liver Transplant
- What's New In Wound Healing?
- Eat Well The Lazy Way
- Avoiding Trips To Emergency Room
- Hospital Recognized For Patient Safety Effort
- Fighting "Hot Flashes"
- Silent Killer Needs Early Detection
- Massage May Help Reduce Hair Loss
- Do I Have to Gain Waist Weight?
- ChromaGen Vision Lenses
- Wellness Program To Live Longer
- Angelman Syndrome
- Youngest Inventor?
- The Benefits of How You Eat Chocolate
- Are Baby Carrots Safe?
- Shop And Dine To Your Hearts Content
- New Treatment for Brain Aneurysms
- Transplant Recipient Shares Her Story of Inspiration
- Author Writes Book On Pet Loss
- Summer Reading Program
- Ten Foods To Live Longer
- Pilates Helps Drop Baby Weight
- UC Health Seeks Patients For Lung Valve Trial
- Detox Diets
- Paxil As Hot Flash Therapy: What You Need To Know
- Teen Recovers From Brain Injury
- Laser Treatment For Heel Pain
- Explaining the condition that has affected singer Randy Travis
- Porsche Hosts Fundraiser For Disabilities
- Bikini-Friendly Gall Bladder Surgery
- Food Poisoning or Virus?
- Local Veteran In Heart Valve Study
- Mayfield Clinic Patient Gets First Implant
- GLP-1 Enhances Gastric Banding
- Healing Touch Therapy
- Local Family Holds 16 Hour Music Marathon For Alzheimer's
- Jewish Hospital Launches New Liver Care Center
- American Medical Association Says Obesity Is A Disease
- Treating Aortic Aneurysms
- Summer Skin Protection
Medical Edge: Striders With Stollers
Updated: Thursday, October 24 2013, 09:20 AM EDT
CINCINNATI (WKRC) -- A mom from White Oak invites other moms to Striders with Stollers.
It's a new program which kicks off at Northgate Mall next week to help trim waistlines and improve health.
Medical reporter Liz Bonis shares details in today's Medical Edge.
"Well she keeps me very busy, but I also work full time, so I don't have a whole lot of time to work out," says mother Kim Huber.
As any mom with a one-year-old, Kim Huber knows the challenges of shaping up after having a baby.
"I've lost about 14 pounds and I would like to lose another ten if I could," says Huber.
You find the exercise is the hardest part?
"Yes, just finding the time, and wanting to do it."
So Huber recently teamed up with Mary Durkin, a mom and fitness specialist, who knows how important it is:
"To get out of the house and in the morning, if you come out in the morning, that is the best way to incorporate fitness into your day," says Durkin.
Durkin has just launched a fitness program for new moms called Striders with Strollers.
It's a one-hour workout three-days a week, which incorporates stretching, strolling and strength training.
She says these are three steps any new mom can do almost anywhere.
The goal of the program is to focus on some of those tougher areas for new moms, in addition to the socialization and getting you out.
It also works on that core area. When you sit on a ball, it works on the center of the body and that's the area where you have tough time losing it after you have a baby.
"It's guilt free. You are not dropping your baby off or leaving them and worried the whole time. You have peace of mind because your baby is right here with you," says Durkin.
For Kim Huber and Taylor, it's the perfect pairing and the perfect example of how important it is to take care of mom, so mom can take care of the little things that matter most.
Striders with Strollers kicks off Wednesday October 30th at 9 A.M. at Northgate Mall.
Moms can show up and register on-site. It will be offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays after that.
Classes cost seven to eight dollars each and the class is right by the malls playland.