- Possible Connection Between Cincinnati Sinus and Migraines
- Urgent Plea for Blood Donors
- Couple Diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer at the Same Time
- Medical Edge: Thanksgiving Holiday Eating
- Ask the Experts: Everolimus to Treat Breast Cancer
- Device Can Stop Excessive Sweating
- Improved Face Filler Available in the Tri-State
- New Technology to Melt Fat
- Cancer Doctor Says He's Inspired by Patients
- Medical Edge: Concussion Study
- Cyberknife Treats Prostate Cancer in Less Time
- Breakthrough Technology to Help Beat Prostate Cancer
- Medical Edge: Sweetener Options
- Local Doctor Honored
- Signing Up for Insurance at Florence Pharmacy
- Role Family History Plays in Heart Disease
- Testesterone Therapy Linked to Cardiovascular Issues in Some
- May We Help Organization Helps Man Paint With Mouth
- Local Man Loses Half His Weight After Embarassing Incident
- Sisters Share Their Dad's Story for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness
- Efforts to Lower Premature Birth Rates in Tri-State
- Raising Awareness for a Stroke Side Effect
- Dance Your TaTas Off
- Outreach Program Helps Moms Have Healthy Babies
- Center for Respite Care is a National Model
- Can Supplement Help Low Libido in Women Who Take Birth Control
- Medical Edge: Diabetes Dog Trained to Detect Symptoms
- Mobile Breast Cancer Diagnostics Van in Montgomery Today
- Medical Edge: Striders With Stollers
- Tri-State Doctor Helps Victims at Deadly Tennessee Bus Crash
- Ask the Experts: Bring Down Blood Pressure
- Medical Edge: Why get a flu shot?
- Learning Hands-Only CPR
- Woman Treated for Severe Incontinence
- Cancer Survivor Shares Story of Inspiration
- Ride 430 Challenge Fundraiser for Injured Military Members
- Ask the Experts: Loose Hip Joints
- Hike for Hospice, Support for End of Life Care
- Breast Cancer Prevention and Awareness
- Prescription Coverage Under Affordable Care Act
- Give Charlie a Chance
- Medical Edge: Allergy Relief
- Volunteers Needed for Avian Flu Vaccine Trial
- Universal Drug Testing for Pregnant Women
- Medical Edge: Designated Drivers
- Power is Teal Ovarian Cancer Walk
- Ask the Expert About Online Prescriptions
- 3D Plastic Surgery Preview
- Wellness At Work
- Heart Vest Saves Erlanger Man
- Medical Edge Wrap Week of Sept. 9
- Healthy Fall Foods
- Wear Teal Friday For Ovarian Cancer Awareness
- UC Medical Center Team Helps Burn Victim
- Program Offers Support For Mental Illness
- Chief Of Police Gets Liver Transplant
- What's New In Wound Healing?
- Eat Well The Lazy Way
- Avoiding Trips To Emergency Room
- Hospital Recognized For Patient Safety Effort
- Fighting "Hot Flashes"
- Silent Killer Needs Early Detection
- Massage May Help Reduce Hair Loss
- Do I Have to Gain Waist Weight?
- ChromaGen Vision Lenses
- Wellness Program To Live Longer
- Angelman Syndrome
- Youngest Inventor?
- The Benefits of How You Eat Chocolate
- Are Baby Carrots Safe?
- Shop And Dine To Your Hearts Content
- New Treatment for Brain Aneurysms
- Transplant Recipient Shares Her Story of Inspiration
- Author Writes Book On Pet Loss
- Summer Reading Program
- Ten Foods To Live Longer
- Pilates Helps Drop Baby Weight
- UC Health Seeks Patients For Lung Valve Trial
- Detox Diets
- Paxil As Hot Flash Therapy: What You Need To Know
- Teen Recovers From Brain Injury
- Laser Treatment For Heel Pain
- Explaining the condition that has affected singer Randy Travis
- Porsche Hosts Fundraiser For Disabilities
- Bikini-Friendly Gall Bladder Surgery
- Food Poisoning or Virus?
- Local Veteran In Heart Valve Study
- Mayfield Clinic Patient Gets First Implant
- GLP-1 Enhances Gastric Banding
- Healing Touch Therapy
- Local Family Holds 16 Hour Music Marathon For Alzheimer's
- Jewish Hospital Launches New Liver Care Center
- American Medical Association Says Obesity Is A Disease
- Treating Aortic Aneurysms
- Summer Skin Protection
Porsche Hosts Fundraiser For Disabilities
Updated: Friday, July 26 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
You're invited to come out and check out two great organizations this weekend helping people with disabilities.
Local 12's Liz Bonis shares the story of how they are teaming up to promote a "great ride" in today's Medical Edge.
to imagine that what's sitting inside this Porsche of the village
showroom would have anything to do with what's happening outside for
Jill Franke and her son, Eli. But you see, Eli was born with
arthrogriposis, a condition which locks his hip and knee joints so he
can't ride a bike. In spite of that, however...
"He's always wanted some form of wheels."
Jill presented that dream to an organization that has a dream team of
engineers. That organization is called "May We Help." They are a group
of volunteers that nationwide help put together projects like this. And
this is Eli's new bike ... no pedal pushing required.
Klein, Volunteer Builder: "It's a drive train from a scooter, and a
frame from a petal car, and we custom designed the steering and the
throttle and everything to make it run."
Charlie Klein and Devin
Sillies were the brains behind this brilliant bike alternative. Eli now
is no longer the little boy standing on the sidelines.
Devin Sillies, Volunteer Builder: "This gets him out there and now he's the most popular kid in the neighborhood."
bike is such a fine ride it got the attention of engineers who make
other kinds of fine rides here at the Porshe dealership. They've now
offered up their showroom for future fundraisers for May We Help free of
charge. The whole partnership has made this team of guys who say they
just like to build stuff feel pretty special.
Terry Mcmanus, May We Help:
with this project with Eli. He was so happy that he could come out
here today and show off the amazing things that our volunteers do."
Jill Franke Mother: "What this says to him, is there's a way to do everything, you can't say no, there's a way to get it done."
lesson perhaps for all of us when we dream about a great ride. This
bike was free to Eli's family thanks to fundraisers for "May We Help."
invited to the first at Porsche dealership. It is this Saturday night
July 13th from 6:30 to 9:30. You can get tickets for 40 dollars at the