MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Woman loses everything in Springdale house fire

A careless attempt to repair a car led to a fire that destroyed the home a woman shared with her two children and granddaughter. (WKRC)

SPRINGDALE, Ohio -- A careless attempt to repair a car led to a fire that destroyed the home a woman shared with her two children and granddaughter.

"I don't have anything anymore," Pam Lewis said Friday.

Lewis said she was at work when her daughter called and told her that home on Lawnview Ave. was on fire. She raced home from work and passed a fire truck.

"It was an accident. It was a stupid accident. It shouldn't have happened in the first place but I'm thankful that I have my family," Lewis said.

Lewis said a friend of her daughter was at the house repairing her car when the fire started.

"He took her gas can out and took it in my house. I guess he called himself 'flusing the gas pump.' You don't take that in the house but he did," Lewis recalled.

Lewis says something happened with the gas pump and a bucket of gasoline which caused the fire. Everyone made it out safely - including Lewis's two-year-old granddaughter, Nadia. The toddler's favorite stuffed bunny is singed but the fire and smoke destroyed her other toys that she received for Christmas.

"I was devastated, upset, angry. I was like 'what was going on."

Now Pam Lewis will spend the New Year trying to figure out what to do next. She rented the house and had planned to get renter's insurance but hadn't done so.

Click here for link to go fund me page

Trending