Local12.com Bengals Top 50 players in franchise history
CINCINNATI (WKRC) - In honor of 2017 being the Bengals' 50th season the team is in the process this week of unveiling their "First 50" to recognize the top 50 retired Bengals players as voted on by fans and media and I have put together my own top 50 list that includes current Bengals players or former Bengals active with other teams.
You can see the complete list in the attached photo gallery.
Only one punter and one kicker made my top 50 and, while it be hard for anyone to argue against the No. 1 player on the list, the rest of the list is certainly open for debate.
Send me your thoughts to my e-mail at email@example.com about who you thought was left off that shouldn't have been, who was ranked too high and who was ranked too low... and maybe even some with whom you definitively agree.
I will include some of the best and most thought provoking e-mails in a column next week on Local12.com.
This top 50 list kicks off our extensive Bengals coverage at Local12.com. On July 25 I will unveil my all-time Bengals first and second teams based on positions and here is a schedule of 2017 positional analysis heading into training camp:
- July 18: Quarterback and Specialists.
- July 19: Running Back.
- July 20: Wide Receiver and Tight End.
- July 21: Offensive line.
- July 22: Defensive line.
- July 23: Linebackers.
- July 24: Secondary; Final 53-player roster projection.
- July 25: Richard Skinner’s All-Time Bengals Teams (first and second team position by position) and annual Bengals Media Luncheon.
- July 27: Local12.com 12 biggest moments in Bengals history
- July 28: Players report to training camp.
- July 29: Training Camp begins with first practice from 3-4:45 p.m. at fields adjacent to Paul Brown Stadium.