Nov. 11 area college football previews: Game times, TV, story/video links, predictions
CINCINNATI (WKRC/AP) - Here is a look at Saturday, Nov. 11 area college football games:
NO. 13 MICHIGAN STATE (7-2, 5-1 B10) at No. 11 OHIO STATE (7-2, 5-1)
- WHEN/WHERE: Noon in Ohio Stadium, Columbus.
- TV/RADIO: FOX; WDJO-AM (1480), WRBI-FM (103.9).
- OPENING LINE: Ohio State by 17.
- SERIES RECORD: Ohio State leads 30-15 and has won 10 of the last 13 meetings, including a 17-16 victory last year in East Lansing.
- SKINNY'S PICK: Ohio State 34, Michigan State 24. The fact Ohio State lost at Iowa last week wasn't surprising, because the Hawkeyes are dangerous at home and the Buckeyes were coming off that dramatic win over Penn State, but it was the way the Buckeyes lost that was surprising. Michigan State has league wins over Penn State, Iowa and at Michigan, but all five of its Big Ten victories have come by eight points or less. Expect the Buckeyes to bounce back, but it may not be pretty.
TOP 10 STORY/VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Urban Meyer weekly press conference
- AP: Game preview, notes and information
- AP: What to watchn
- Cleveland.com: Ohio State coverage
- Columbus Dispatch (BuckeyeExtra): Ohio State coverage
- WSYX TV, Columbus (abc6onyourside.com): Ohio State coverage
- OhioStateBuckeyes.com: Football website
- OhioStateBuckeyes.com: Complete game notes package
- MSUSpartans.com: Michigan State team website
- Detroit Free Press (Freep.com): Michigan State team coverage
KENTUCKY (6-3, 3-3 SEC) at VANDERBILT (4-5, 0-5)
- WHEN/WHERE: 4 p.m. at Vanderbilt Stadium, Nashville, Tenn.
- TV/RADIO: SEC Network; WCKY-AM (1530).
- OPENING LINE: Vanderbilt by 3.5.
- SERIES RECORD: UK leads 43-42-4, including a 20-13 win last season in Lexington.
- SKINNY'S PICK: UK 34, Vanderbilt 28. UK's defense has been MIA the last four games, allowing 142 points in going 2-2. Vanderbilt is coming off a 31-17 non-conference win over Western Kentucky, but in its five SEC losses allowed an average 46.6 points. UK may still be smarting from last week's last-minute loss at home to Ole Miss, and the defense is filled with question marks right now, but the offense should be able to do enough for UK to pull out the victory.
TOP 10 STORY AND VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Mark Stoops press conference
- AP: UK already bowl eligible, but wants more and 5 notes
- UKAthletics.com: GameDay Central with preview, notes and links
- UKAthletics.com: Complete UK game notes package
- UKAthletics.com: Players trying not to let loss to Ole Miss shake their confidence
- UKAthletics.com: SEC to honor pioneers of league integration
- Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader): UK coverage
- Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader): How teams matchup and a prediction
- VUCommodores.com: Vanderbilt football team website
- Tennesseean.com: Vanderbilt team coverage
CINCINNNATI CHRISITAN (0-10, 0-5 MSC) at GEORGETOWN COLLEGE (7-1, 4-1)
- WHEN/WHERE: 1:30 p.m. at Toyota Stadium, Georgetown, Ky.
- TV/RADIO: None.
- CCUAthletics.com: Cincinnati Christian team website
- GeorgetownCollegeAthletics.com: Georgetown football team website
- Mid-SouthConference.org: Mid-South Conference football website
WILMINGTON (2-7, 1-7 OAC) at MUSKINGUM (1-8, 0-8)
- WHEN/WHERE: 1 p.m. at McConagha Stadium/Sherman Field, New Concord, Ohio.
- TV/RADIO: None.