Sept. 30 area college football previews: Game times, TV, story/video links, predictions
CINCINNATI (WKRC/AP) - Here is a look at Saturday, Sept. 30 area college football games:
MARSHALL (2-1) at CINCINNATI (2-2)
- WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. in Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati.
- TV/RADIO: ESPN3; WLW-AM (700).
- OPENING LINE: UC by 5.
- SERIES RECORD: UC leads 8-3-1, including 5-1-1 in Cincinnati and won the last meeting on Oct. 3, 2008, 33-10.
- SKINNY'S PICK: UC 24, Marshall 19. The teams have a commom opponent - Miami - with UC winning in Oxford 21-17 and Marshall winning at home 31-26. The Bearcats were awful defending Navy's triple-option offense in last week's 42-32 loss, but have played defense overall fairly well so far this season. Marshall has struggled offensively, especially on the ground, averaging just 106.0 yards per game rushing. In the win over Miami the Thundering Herd scored two touchdowns on kickoff returns and another on an interception return and it then scored just 20 points against North Carolina State and 21 against Kent State.
TOP 10 STORY AND VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Luke Fickell weekly press conference
- Local12.com: Video - Luke Fickell's weekly diary
- Local12.com: Video - Complete Luke Fickell Show
- GoBearcats.com: Game preview
- GoBearcats.com: Complete UC game notes package
- GoBearcats.com: Passing game looking to build on performance at Navy
- GoBearcats.com: Team excited for return to Nippert Stadium after three in a row on the road
- BearcatJournal.com: Linebackers Young, Minor have come together to lead defense
- HerdZone.com: Marshall football team website
- Herald-Dispatch.com: Marshall coverage
No. 11 OHIO ST. (3-1, 1-0 B10) at RUTGERS (1-3, 0-1)
- WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. in High Point Solutions Stadium, Piscataway, N.J.
- TV/RADIO: BIGTEN Network; WDJO-AM (1480), WRBI-FM (103.9).
- OPENING LINE: Ohio State by 29.
- SERIES RECORD: Ohio leads 3-0, including 58-0 last season in Columbus and won 49-7 in 2015 at Rutgers.
- SKINNY'S PICK: Ohio State 33, Rutgers 7. The lone win for Rutgers came over Morgan State 65-0, while didn't score over 20 points in any of its three losses - Washington (30-14), Eastern Michigan (16-13) and last week at Nebraska (27-17). The Buckeyes have dominated the three machups with Rutgers, scoring at least 49 points in all three, but not sure they get their this time, but they will still win comfortably.
TOP 10 STORY/VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Urban Meyer weekly press conference
- Local12.com/AP: Buckeyes streak in Top 10 snapped
- AP: Game preview, notes and information
- Cleveland.com: Ohio State coverage
- Columbus Dispatch (BuckeyeExtra): Ohio State coverage
- WSYX TV, Columbus (abc6onyourside.com): Ohio State coverage
- OhioStateBuckeyes.com: Football website
- OhioStateBuckeyes.com: Complete game notes package
- ScarletKnights.com: Rutgers team website
- Newark Star-Ledger (NJ.com): Rutgers coverage
EASTERN MICHIGAN (2-1) at UK (3-1)
- WHEN/WHERE: 4 p.m. at Kroger Field, Lexington, Ky.
- TV/RADIO: SEC Network; WCKY-AM (1530).
- OPENING LINE: UK by 14.
- SERIES RECORD: First meeting.
- SKINNY'S PICK: UK 31, Eastern Michigan 10. The Kentucky defense has played extremely well aside from allowing the two uncovered touchdowns last week against Florida, and while a letdown would be understandable after the crushing 28-27 loss to Florida this is the perfect landing place coming off that loss. Eastern Michigan has struggled offensively averaging just 20.0 points in its three games, and that was against Charlotte, Rutgers and Ohio, which it lost against in overtime 27-20.
TOP 10 STORY AND VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Mark Stoops press conference
- UKAthletics.com: GameDay central with preview, notes and links
- UKAthletics.com: Complete UK game notes package
- UKAthletics.com: Football team website
- Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader): UK coverage
- Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader): Northington discusses difficulty helping integrate SEC
- Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader): How teams matchup and a prediction
- EMUEagles.com: Eastern Michigan football team website
- CollegeFootballNews.com: Game preview and prediction
- AP: 5 things to watch
MIAMI (2-2) at No. 22 NOTRE DAME (3-1)
- WHEN/WHERE: 5:15 p.m. at Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend, Ind.
- TV/RADIO: NBCSports Network; WDBZ-AM (1230); WMOH-AM (1450).
- OPENING LINE: Notre Dame by 23.
- SERIES RECORD: Notre Dame leads 1-0, winning the only meeting 46-0 on Nov. 14, 1909 in South Bend.
- SKINNY'S PICK: Notre Dame 30, Miami 14. While Miami hasn't played anyone close to the caliber of the Fighting Irish it has played extremely well defensively in all four games and could very well be 4-0 if not for special teams mistakes in the opening loss to Marshall and the late interception returned for a touchdown that gave UC a win over the RedHawks. Notre Dame's lone loss came 20-19 to Georgia and it belted Temple ( 49-16), Boston College (49-20) and Michigan State (38-18) in its three wins.
TOP 5 STORY AND VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Chuck Martin weekly press conference
- MiamiRedHawks.com: Miami football team website
- MiamiRedHawks.com: Complete Miami game notes package
- JournalNews.com: RedHawks looking forward to experience of playing in South Bend.
- UND.com: Notre Dame team website
WESTMINSTER (2-1, 1-0 PAC) at TMC (1-3, 0-2)
- WHEN/WHERE: Noon at BB&T Field, Crestview Hills, Ky.
- TV/RADIO: WCKY-AM (1530), tape delayed at 9 p.m./Watch Live.
- TMCSaints.com: Football team website
- TMCSaints.com: Game notes
- Athletics.Westminster.edu: Westminster team website
- PACAthletics.org: Presidents' Athletic Conference football website
HANOVER (1-3, 1-1 HCAC) at MT. ST. JOE (2-2, 1-1)
- WHEN/WHERE: 1:30 p.m. at Schueler Field, Delhi.
- TV/RADIO: None/Watch Live.
- MSJSports.com: Mount St. Joseph team website
- MSJSports.com: Hopperton named head coach after interim tag dropped
- Hanover.edu: Hanover football team website
- HeartlandConf.org: Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference website
LINDSEY WILSON (4-0) at CINTI. CHRISITAN (0-4)
- WHEN/WHERE: 1:30 p.m. at Stargel Stadium, Cincinnati.
- TV/RADIO: None/Watch online here.
- CCUAthletics.com: Cincinnati Christian team website
- LindseyAthletics.com: Lindsey Wilson football team website
WILMINGTON (2-1, 1-1 OAC) at JOHN CARROLL (1-2)
- WHEN/WHERE: 1:30 p.m. at Don Shula Stadium in University Heights, Ohio.
- TV/RADIO: None/click here for live audio/click here for live video
- WilmingtonQuakers.com: Wilmington team website
- JCUSports.com: John Carroll team wesbite
- OAC.org: Ohio Athletic Conference football website