FC Cincinnati-Louisville City FC game details, notes
CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Here is a look at Saturday night's FC Cincinnati at Louisville City FC match:
- WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. at Louisville Slugger Field.
- TV: WSTR (Star 64).
- VIDEO: USL YouTube.
- RADIO: None.
- Louisville City FC (8-2-5, 29 points) is in second place.
- FCC will look to build on its 2-0 win against Richmond Kickers last Sat. as they improved to 6-6-6.
- FCC is sixth in the USL standings with 24 points and are two points behind Bethlehem Steel FC (5th) and trail Charlotte Independence and Tampa Bay Rowdies, who both sport 28 points, by four points.
LOUISVILLE CITY PARKING UPDATE
- With the Forecastle Festival taking place Saturday in downtown Louisville, fans are advised to arrive early to Louisville Slugger Field. The parking lot on the East side of the stadium will be reserved for fans who have a game ticket. The lot will open at noon and will cost $6 per car. Spaces will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis and fans will be asked to present their ticket upon entry into the lot.
- The lot West of the stadium will not be reserved for those attending the FCC-Louisville City match and will have a $15 parking rate.
- Should the East lot fill, overflow parking will be available at Nucleus Parking Garage on Preston Street between Market and Jefferson Streets.
- Nucleus Garage will open at 1 p.m. and cost $7. A game ticket will be required to display upon entry.
U.S. CUP QUARTERFINAL MATCH RESCHEDULED
FC Cincinnati’s U.S. Open Cup match against Miami FC, has been rescheduled to Aug. 2 and will be played at Riccardo Silva Stadium on the campus of Florida International University (FIU) at 7:30 p.m. The match, which was postponed due to severe weather, will be streamed on ussoccer.com.
The winner of the FCC-Miami FC quarterfinal tilt will host New York Red Bulls, Wed., Aug. 9 and will become the first lower-division team to reach an Open Cup semifinal since 2011 when the Richmond Kickers advanced to the semis.
Fans, who purchased a ticket for the July 12 match will be able to utilize their ticket on the rescheduled date. For additional questions, please contact the Miami FC box office at 844-MiamiFC during normal business hours.
FCC SCORING LEADERS
Djiby is the team's top goal scorer with nine in USL play and is tied for fourth with Jorge Herrera (Charlotte Independence) and Brandon Allen (NY Red Bulls II). The striker scored the game winner against Richmond Kickers, playing a long pass from Kenney Walker off his chest before settling it and putting it into the back of the net. Djiby's goal came in the third minute of play for FCC's fastest tally scored this season and surpasses the previous effort by Djiby, who logged a fourth-minute put-away against Charleston Battery on June. 17.
ABOUT LOUISVILLE CITY
- LouCity has recorded a win or draw in seven of the last eight matches, with their only loss in the stretch, a 1-0 shutout against Harrisburg City Islanders.
- The team is led by the trio of Cameron Lancaster, Brian Ownby and George Davis IV, who have four goals apiece.
- Paolo DelPiccolo and Ownby share the team lead with three assists each.
- Greg Ranjitsingh and Tim Dobrowski have split time in goal with eight appearances and three clean sheets apiece.
- The two teams have squared off twice this season, once in USL action, where the teams battled to a 1-1 draw and the other meeting in U.S. Open Cup action.
- Aodhan Quinn scored the tying goal in the 78th minute for FCC while Djiby had the game-winning goal in the Cup game.
- Quinn played a key role in that goal as well, driving a ball off the corner kick that caromed off a LouCity defender before Djiby tucked the ball away past Ranjitsingh.
- The overall series between the two teams stands at 2-1-2.