- Latos takes mound day after birth of baby
- Wood helps Cubs beat Reds 3-0
- Reds look for turnaround to start against Cubs
- Who Asked You? Reds: August 24
- Reds hold off the Braves in the ninth, win 5-3
- Reds lose 3-1 in 12 innings, losing streak up to 7
- Selig's stance hasn't changed on Pete Rose
- Reds losing streak up to six games, fall to Braves, 8-0
- Reds in danger of falling out of contention
- Cueto aims for MLB-best 16th victory
- Reds blow lead, lose 4th straight
- Reds pitcher Alfredo Simon wants accuser identified
- Cardinals beat Reds 6-5 in 10 innings
- Reds activate Phillips from DL
- Reds need to regroup against Cardinals
- Reds blow lead, lose both games of double header
- Rockies rally for 10-9 victory over Reds
- Reds set for a doubleheader at Coors Field
- Reds-Rockies game postponed by water main break
- Bailey to DL, Axelrod brought up to start
- Axelrod to make Reds debut
- Cueto, Negron lift Reds to 3-2 win over Rockies
- Culberson, De La Rosa help Rockies beat Reds 7-3
- Reds RHP Bailey headed for DL with strained elbow
- Reds, Simon take on Rockies
- Napoli homer lifts Red Sox to 5-4 win over Reds
- Cespedes' homer lifts Red Sox to 3-2 win over Reds
- Reds, Red Sox open series at GABP
- Cueto named NL Player of the Week
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition Sunday, August 10
- Mesoraco's slam lifts Reds to a 7-2 victory
- Brad Penny strong, Marlins top Reds, 4-3
- Reds drop a 2-1 contest to the Marlins to open Hall of Fame Weekend
- Reds fishing for 4 straight wins
- Bailey dominant as Reds secure Ohio Cup with 4-0 win over Indians
- Reds bats coming out of collective slump?
- Latos, Negron, Cozart, pace Reds in 8-3 win over Indians
- Reds, Indians continue at GABP
- MLB, Cincinnati Reds unveil official logo of 2015 All-Star Game
- Bizarre play, Cueto help Reds down Indians 9-2
- Reds trying to end Cleveland misery
- Kluber stops Reds, Indians win 7-1
- Reds, Indians renew rivalry
- Reds lose in extra innings to Marlins, 2-1
- Reds acquire IF Jake Elmore
- Latos earns first win over hometown team as Reds beat Marlins, 5-2
- Reds Transactions
- MLB statement on Reds-Marlins game
- Seeking momentum, Reds send Latos to hill
- After controversial replay, Reds top Marlins 3-1
- Reds head to Miami in search of answers
- Reds fall to Diamondbacks, 5-4
- Minus three sluggers, Reds play for series win
- Leake leads Reds over Diamondbacks 3-0
- Reds' Jay Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Reds below .500 for first time since June 21
- Reds fall 2-1 in 15 innings to Diamondbacks
- Slumping Reds turn attention to Diamondbacks
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: Sunday, July 27
- Reds look for series win against Nationals Sunday
- Reds snap seven-game skid with 1-0 win over the Nationals
- Reds snap seven-game skid with 1-0 win over the Nationals
- Reds drop seventh straight to Nationals, 4-1
- Reds look to get right against Nationals
- Reynolds homers twice, Brewers top Reds 5-1
- Reds skidding, in danger of second straight sweep
- Lucroy hits walkoff homer to give Brewers 4-3 win
- Reds place RHP Ondrusek (shoulder) on DL
- Reds endure road slide
- Peralta sharp, Brewers beat sloppy Reds 5-2
- Reds aim to rebound against Brewers
- Who Asked You? Sunday, July 20
- Mental lapse costs the Reds, Yankees get the sweep with a 3-2 win
- Pena homers twice, but Reds fall short, 4-3
- After All-Star Break, baseball ready to return
- Reds heading to the Bronx to begin unofficial second half of the season
- Four Reds make appearance for NL in All-Star loss
- Selig says Rose could play All-Star role in 2015
- Selig says Rose could play All-Star role in 2015
- Cespedes wins again, beating Frazier in HR derby
- Clutch McCutchen gives Pirates a 6-5 win over the Reds
- Reds put 2B Phillips on DL, add to bullpen
- Beat-up Reds ready for Pirates
- Phillips set to undergo surgery, out at least six weeks
- Valbeuna leads Cubs to 6-4 victory
- Reds-Cubs game delayed after benches clear
- Reds' Bailey leaves game with apparent injury
- Negron promoted from AAA to Reds
- Reds could be without Hamilton, Phillips against Cubs
- Simon first in NL to win 12, Reds beat Cubs 4-1
- Surging Reds in search of 5th straight win
- Bruce helps Reds rally for DH sweep of Cubs
- Frazier to participate in HR Derby contest
- Bruce homers again, Reds beat Cubs 4-2
- Hannahan to begin rehab assignment
- Reds put Joey Votto back on DL with leg injury
- Bruce helps Reds overcome his error, beat Cubs 9-3
- Reds RF Bruce starts at 1B for injured Votto
- Reds sign #1 pick RHP Nick Howard
- Reds try to make run before All-Star break, starting with series against Cubs
- Trade costs Samardzija chance at All-Star Game
- Frazier, Mesoraco, Cueto and Chapman heading to All-Star game
- Latos deals, Bruce goes yard in Reds' 4-2 victory
- Garza goes the distance, Brewers blank Reds, 1-0
- Simon strong as Reds top Brewers, 4-2
- Reds acquire infielder in trade with Rockies
- Reds get swept in San Diego, lose to the Padres 3-0
- Cueto out to avoid 3-game sweep
- Trio of Reds still in mix for starting spot in All-Star Game
- Reds roll into San Diego in 2nd place
- Baily flirts with no-no, Reds sweep Giants with 4-0 win
- Reds' Simon looks to stay hot against San Francisco
- Reds sign Cuban starter Raisel Iglesias
- Reds sign Cuban pitcher Iglesias to major league contract
- Leake fans 12 as Reds win opener in San Fran
- Reds, Giants open 4-game set Thursday
- Latos earns first win in 2014, Reds top Cubs, 4-1
- Latos takes perfect record against Cubs to mound
- Reds LHP Marshall undergoes shoulder surgery
- MLB tweaks ruling on force plays at home plate
- Mesoraco chasing Reds history vs Cubs
- Pair of Reds 5th in All-Star Game voting
- Reds score 5 in ninth, beat Cubs 6-1
- Reds 2B Phillips out with heel injury
- Reds hopeful of climbing above .500
- Reds sign draft pick Alex Blandino
- Cueto, Frazier deliver in Reds' 4-3 win over Toronto
- Reds lose eight run lead, fall to Blue Jays, 14-9
- Jumbo Diaz
- Reds make roster moves before Blue Jays series
- Blue Jays-Reds preview
- Balks and walks do in the Reds against Pittsburgh
- Pirates beat Reds on walk-off walk
- Simon grabs tenth win, Reds beat Pirates, 11-4
- Frazier's homer in 9th lifts Reds over Pirates 6-5
- Pete Rose returns for day to manage Conn. team
- Reds, Pirates set to open series in Pittsburgh
- Who Asked You? Sunday, June 15
- Reds power past Brewers, 13-4
- Latos set to make 2014 debut against Milwaukee
- Latos to make season debut Saturday
- Phillips hurt before series with Brewers
- Frazier homers, Reds top Dodgers, 4-1
- Reds after series split with Dodgers
- Dodgers fan accused of defying GABP ban
- Cueto fans 12 in 6 innings, Reds beat Dodgers 5-0
- Can Cueto end losing against Dodgers?
- Reds fall to Dodgers despite Votto's return
- Reds fall to Dodgers despite Votto's return from DL
- Joey Votto off DL, returns to Reds' lineup
- Reds 2B Phillips still 4th in All-Star voting
- Reds try to rebound behind Leake
- Van Slyke's 2 HRs lead Dodgers over Reds 6-2
- Who Asked You? Reds: Sunday, May 4
- WATCH 2014 Opening Day Parade
- Opening Day Memories: No other day like it
- Reds post sound vs Cardinals
- Hometown Reds exhibit opens Friday
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Balks and walks do in the Reds against Pittsburgh
Updated: Thursday, June 19 2014, 09:47 PM EDT
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- The Cincinnati Reds were hurt by balks early and late in their loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Starting pitcher Homer Bailey balked to bring in the Pirates' first run, and Tony Cingrani's infraction led to the winning run in Pittsburgh's 4-3 victory in 12 innings on Thursday.
Bailey was perfect through three innings before giving up a hit to Gregory Polanco in the fourth. Bailey then allowed three runs in the fifth.
With runners at the corners, and Polanco batting, Bailey went through his motion but didn't release the ball. He was called for the balk that cut the Reds' lead to 2-1.
"It was one of those deals where you're thinking more about not falling than throwing the ball," Bailey said. "My back foot slipped out from me, then I land on the side of my other foot, so it was a circus all the way around. I was just trying not to fall backward."
Polanco, Starling Marte and Andrew McCutchen followed with singles that scored two runs for a 3-2 Pittsburgh lead.
In the 12th inning, Cingrani was called for a balk that moved Gaby Sanchez to second base after his one-out single. Cingrani then picked off Sanchez, but the out was negated by the balk.
Cingrani disagreed with the call.
"I've done that move a million times, and they just pick and choose when they call it," he said.
Cingrani (2-8) then intentionally walked Josh Harrison and hit Clint Barmes. With two outs and the bases loaded, Cingrani walked Russell Martin to force in the winning run with a pitch that was over the plate but ruled low.
"I'm not saying we would have won this game, but it certainly didn't give us an opportunity to go out there and compete in the 13th," Reds manager Bryan Price said.
Martin admitted that the pitch might have been missed.
"I think we got a fortunate call on that 3-1 count, but it's nice to have a call go our way for once," he said.
Billy Hamilton led off the game with a double against Jeff Locke, stole third, and scored on a sacrifice fly by Joey Votto to put the Reds ahead 1-0. Votto doubled and scored on a sacrifice fly by Jay Bruce to make it 2-0 in the fourth.
Locke settled down though and worked six innings. He gave up two runs, six hits and a walk.
Price pulled Bailey in the sixth, and as reliever Sam LeCure took his warm-up pitches, heavy rain began to fall. That caused a 35-minute delay.
After Pittsburgh took the lead, Devin Mesoraco sent the game to extra innings with his 10th home run of the season off Jason Grilli.
Grilli gave up a home run for the second time in three days, and has allowed four in 20 games this year. He gave up four homers in 54 appearances last season.
The Pirates twice put runners in scoring position after Mesoraco's tying homer.
McCutchen struck out looking at an offspeed pitch from Aroldis Chapman in the ninth with runners at first and second. Marte struck out swinging in the 11th in the same situation.
Justin Wilson (2-0) tossed a perfect 12th inning.
The Reds won the series from the Pirates, but Price didn't head home happily.
"I'm really, really angry with what happened here," Price said. "I'm not at all happy with this - 4-2, 5-1 would have been a lot better."
NOTES: Polanco extended his hitting streak to nine games, the longest by a Pirates player to begin a major league career. ... Barmes had his first four-hit game since May 30, 2009. ... RHP Charlie Morton (4-7, 3.09) opposes Cubs RHP Edwin Jackson (4-7, 5.11) on Friday as the Pirates open a three-game series at Chicago. ... RHP Mat Latos (0-0, 0.00) is slated to make his second start of the season when the Reds return home to face RHP R.A. Dickey (6-5, 4.08) and the Toronto Blue Jays.