- Injured Reds pitchers begin throwing
- Grand slam powers Dodgers over Reds
- Cueto struggles vs KC
- Hosmer, Perez homer in Royals 9-5 win over Reds
- Hamilton steals again, but Mariners beat Reds 6-5
- Reds injury updates
- Price wins managerial debut, Reds top Indians 8-3
- Reds move Simon into starter role with Latos hurt
- Reds Futures High School Showcase expands to 72 teams
- C Pena gives Reds a Cuban connection
- Speedy Billy Hamilton takes over Reds leadoff spot
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- Bailey wanted assurances Reds committed to winning
- Reds, RHP Bailey agree to a 6-year deal
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Reds, Homer Bailey agree on 105M, 6-year deal
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Cingrani trying for more than all fastballs
- Bailey says he is really close to deal with Reds
- Price settles in as manager
- 5 things to know about the Reds as camp starts
- Reds want players to keep beards, hair in check
- Johnny Cueto embraces role of Reds ace
- Latos has surgery for torn knee cartilage
- Reds pitchers and catchers report to Goodyear Friday
- Reds claim RHP Brett Marshall off waivers
- Griffey Jr., Larkin do baseball diplomacy in Cuba
- Diamondbacks agree to deal with former Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo
- Chapman and Reds agree on 5 million, 1 year deal
- Chris Nelson, Reds agree to minor league contract
- Reds avoid arbitration with three more
- Game times for Reds regular season schedule announced
- Reds agree to minor league deal with LHP Francis
- 2014 Reds Caravan set for Jan. 23-26
- Reds name Dragons coaching staff
- Riggleman, rest of Reds AAA staff returns for 2014
- Reds sign 10 to minor league contracts
- Ryan Freel diagnosed with CTE
- Reds and Yankees reportedly discuss trade
- Reds must replace Choo's production in lineup
- Former Reds Concepcion, Parker not heading to HOF
- Baseball Writers Association of America Announces Reds Performance Winners
- Reds Release 2014 Cactus League Schedule
- Reds Announce 2014 Coaching Staff
- Reds Hall of Fame Announces Class of 2014
- Reds acquire Holmberg from Ari, Send Hanigan to TB
- Reds non-tender OFs Paul, Robinson
- Reports: Parra re-signs with Reds
- Schumaker, Reds complete $5 million, 2-year deal
- Sean Casey on Hall of Fame ballot
- Reds add four to 40-man
- Report: Skip Schumaker signs two-year contract with Reds
- Choo turns down Reds contract offer
- Redsfest tickets on sale
- Reds agree in principle to deal with C Pena
- Jay Bruce wins 2nd straight Silver Slugger Award
- Report: Yankees inquire about Phillips
- Reds do not make offer to Arroyo, 4 others
- Reds make qualifying offer to Choo
- Concepcion 1 of 12 candidates on the Expansion Era Hall of Fame ballot
- 5 Dates for Reds Fans this Offseason
- Phillips wins 4th Gold Glove
- Yankees Interested in Choo?
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Reds choose Bryan Price for next manager
- Reds To Introduce New Manager Bryan Price At 3:00 P.M. Press Conference Today
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Reports indicating Reds are shopping 2B Phillips
- Reds' Latos Undergoes Surgery
- Dusty Baker to Replace Nationals' Manager?
- Bruce nominated for Hank Aaron Award
- Reds minor leaguer suspended
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Fans Not Suprised Dusty Baker Was Fired
- Dusty Baker Fired as Reds Manager
- Reds Face Big Questions in Offseason
- Reds stayed pat, paid for it in playoffs
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Police: No charges in fight involving Reds' wife
- Pirates beat Reds 6-2 in NL wild-card game
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Rookies on wild-card rosters for Reds, Pirates
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Pirates hoping for more than cameo in playoffs
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Bumpus Jones: Who is he and why is he in the news?
- Pirates sweep series, await Reds in Wild Card
- Reds' Latos out for wild card game with sore elbow
- Reds game Tuesday starts at 8:05pm
- Cueto tapped to start Tuesday's Wild Card game at Pittsburgh
- Arroyo shelled, Pirates beat Reds 8-3 for home-field advantage
- Pirates tie HR record at Great American Ball Park
- Reds face must-win for home playoff game
- Pirates take upper-hand in pivotal final series, beat Reds 4-1
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- Reds postgame vs Mets
- Reds eliminated from Central race with Cardinals win
- Matsuzaka pitches Mets to 1-0 win over Reds
- Reds Fans Break Ballpark Attendance Record
- Mets rock Leake, give Reds costly 4-2 defeat
- Cueto's return gives Reds their ace for playoffs
- Buc up! Pirates, Reds punch playoff tickets
- Reds clinch playoff berth, beat Mets 3-2 in 10th
- Reds leave Pittsburgh with a big win
- Votto error costly, Reds drop contest to Pirates, 4-2
- Reds game time changed
- Votto HR lifts Reds into a Wild Card tie
- Reds and Pirates Set to Meet in Critical Series
- Marty Brennaman Signs Contract Extension
- Wild Card & NLDS tickets to go on sale
- Hamilton in starting lineup for Reds
- Reds hand Astros 100th loss, 10-0
- Reds get well against Astros
- Arroyo is Clemente Award Nominee
- Cueto solid in return; Reds top Astros 6-1
- Halton's homer walks off Reds
- Cueto set to start Monday
- Choo, Votto go deep in Reds win
- Lohse, Gomez deal Reds 5-1 loss
- Reds talk after win over Cubs
- Mesoraco, Hannahan power Reds to 6-0 win over Cubs
- Reds try to avoid Cubs sweep
- Police and Fire Appreciation Day at GABP
- Castillo homers twice as Cubs rout Reds 9-1
- Reds to open 2014 season hosting Cardinals
- Former Reds player approaching Japanese HR record
- Wood, Cubs stall Reds' surge with 2-0 win
- Bruce crushes two HRs, Reds win in last at bat
- Billy Hamilton, Reds shake Dodgers in extras
- Reds unveil Morgan statue, Rose attends
- Votto homers, lifts Reds over Dodgers
- Reds crush Lynn, take three of four from Cards
- Joe Morgan Statue Dedication Details
- Adams' HRs send Cardinals over Reds 5-4 in 16
- Hamilton's run, Chapman's fastball give Reds speed
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Billy Hamilton, Reds shake Dodgers in extras
Updated: Saturday, September 7 2013, 08:28 PM EDT
CINCINNATI (AP)-- Billy Hamilton is still looking for his first major league plate appearance. Cincinnati's prized prospect has yet to play in the field, and he's already paying huge dividends for the streaking Reds.
Hamilton stole second in the 10th inning to set up Todd Frazier's game-winning single, helping Cincinnati beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-3 on Saturday.
"My job was to score at all costs," Hamilton said. "Everybody knows that's what I'm here for."
Ryan Ludwick opened the Cincinnati 10th with a leadoff walk against Brian Wilson (1-1). Reds manager Dusty Baker then went to the dynamic Hamilton, and the speedster took second as catcher A.J. Ellis dropped the ball while taking it out of his glove.
"Hamilton is a battle," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "We had a shot there, though. If A.J. gets the ball out of his glove it would have been close."
The 22-year-old Hamilton, who set a professional record with 155 steals in the minors last season, is 4 for 4 on steal attempts since he was promoted on Monday. According to research by the Elias Sports Bureau, he is the first player in major league history to record a stolen base in each of his first four appearances.
"There aren't many like him," Baker said, mentioning past base-stealing threats such as Lou Brock and Willie McGee. "Those are guys you know are going to steal, and they steal anyway."
Frazier followed with a line-drive single into right field to give Cincinnati five wins in its last six games. Frazier also drove Hamilton with a seventh-inning double in the Reds' 1-0 victory against St. Louis on Tuesday.
J.J. Hoover (4-5) got three outs for the win as Cincinnati captured the first two games of its weekend series against the NL West leaders. The Reds will send Homer Bailey to the mound when they go for the sweep on Sunday night against Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw.
"We're looking for the sweep," Frazier said. "You try to win every series, but right now, every win is huge."
Yasiel Puig hit a two-run homer for Los Angeles, which has lost three straight. Adrian Gonzalez went 4 for 5 and A.J. Ellis also had two hits.
Dodgers right-hander Zack Greinke struck out nine in six innings and was in line for his 15th win before Cincinnati rallied in the seventh. Shin-Soo Choo singled with one out and Cesar Izturis followed a run-scoring double against Paco Rodriguez, tying it at 3.
"I was battling," Greinke said. "I was making a bunch of good pitches but they were battling too. They put a bunch of good at-bats together and strung some hits together."
Izturis, starting at second base in place of the injured Brandon Phillips, tied his season high with three hits before flying out in the ninth with the potential winning run on second. Choo and Joey Votto had two hits apiece.
"I thought (Izturis) was going to win the game in the ninth," said Baker, who became the third manager in Reds history to reach 500 wins with the team. "Everybody's a star for a day."
Greinke allowed eight hits and walked one. He is 11-1 with a 2.13 ERA in his last 15 starts.
The win helps the Reds keep up the pressure on the top two teams in the bunched NL Central. Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Cincinnati are all in position to make the playoffs, but the division race is still very much in the balance.
Cincinnati ace Mat Latos allowed three runs and nine hits in seven innings. He struck out three and walked one.
The Dodgers grabbed the lead in the first when Puig was hit by a pitch, moved up on Gonzalez's single and scored on Hanley Ramirez's single to left.
Cincinnati responded in the bottom half on RBI singles by Jay Bruce and Ludwick.
Puig made it 3-2 in the second with his 15th homer, a drive into the left-field seats on a 2-2 pitch. Ellis was aboard after a leadoff single.
PHOTO: CINCINNATI, OH - SEPTEMBER 07: Shin-Soo Choo #17 of the Cincinnati Reds runs to congratulate Billy Hamilton #6 of the Cincinnati Reds for scoring the winning run in the tenth inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Great American Ball Park on September 7, 2013. (Photo by Michael Hickey/Getty Images)