- Rizzo's walk-off homer gives Cubs 1-0 win vs. Reds
- Reds, Cubs to meet under lights in Wrigley
- Holmberg earns first win, Reds beat Brewers 5-1
- Overbay buries the Reds in the ninth as Brewers win 3-2
- Reds to play spoiler in Milwaukee
- Cueto outlasts Lynn as Reds beat Cardinals 1-0
- Cueto can tie for MLB lead in wins
- Simon uses arm, bat to lift Reds over Cardinals
- Reds complete trade that sent Broxton to Brewers
- Woman suing Reds pitcher won't have to reveal name
- Mesoraco homers, leads Reds over Cardinals 9-5
- Reds hoping to end Cardinals streak at 6
- Cardinals extend surge, beat Reds 5-0
- Reds' Axelrod leaves after 7 pitches vs Cardinals
- OPENING DAY 2015: Reds host Pirates on April 5
- Cards look to continue dominance against the Reds
- Reds give up four unearned runs, fall to Mets 4-3
- Reds end the losing streak with a 2-1 win over Mets
- Reds lose big to Mets, 14-5
- Reds in danger of worst mark since 2009
- Reds RHP Bailey to undergo elbow surgery
- Reds rally, but fall short 9-7, as Baltimore sweeps Cincinnati
- Reds out to avoid Orioles sweep
- Gonzalez goes the distance as Orioles top Reds 6-0
- Sputtering Reds turn to Axelrod
- Reds lose to Orioles 5-4
- Reds plan to move RHP Bailey to 60-day DL
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: August 31
- A big day for Heisey gives Reds 3-2 victory over Pittsburgh
- Reds deal Broxton to Milwaukee
- Reds drop another one run game, lose 3-2 to the Pirates
- Cincinnati native Josh Harrison key in Pirates 2-1 win over Reds
- Reds, Pirates meet as playoff hopefuls
- Reds steal six bases, top Cubs 7-2
- Axelrod recalled for start against Cubs
- Reds overcome slow start to beat Cubs 7-5
- Latos takes mound day after birth of baby
- Wood helps Cubs beat Reds 3-0
- Reds look for turnaround to start against Cubs
- Who Asked You? Reds: August 24
- Reds hold off the Braves in the ninth, win 5-3
- Reds lose 3-1 in 12 innings, losing streak up to 7
- Selig's stance hasn't changed on Pete Rose
- Reds losing streak up to six games, fall to Braves, 8-0
- Reds in danger of falling out of contention
- Cueto aims for MLB-best 16th victory
- Reds blow lead, lose 4th straight
- Reds pitcher Alfredo Simon wants accuser identified
- Cardinals beat Reds 6-5 in 10 innings
- Reds activate Phillips from DL
- Reds need to regroup against Cardinals
- Reds blow lead, lose both games of double header
- Rockies rally for 10-9 victory over Reds
- Reds set for a doubleheader at Coors Field
- Reds-Rockies game postponed by water main break
- Bailey to DL, Axelrod brought up to start
- Axelrod to make Reds debut
- Cueto, Negron lift Reds to 3-2 win over Rockies
- Culberson, De La Rosa help Rockies beat Reds 7-3
- Reds RHP Bailey headed for DL with strained elbow
- Reds, Simon take on Rockies
- Napoli homer lifts Red Sox to 5-4 win over Reds
- Cespedes' homer lifts Red Sox to 3-2 win over Reds
- Reds, Red Sox open series at GABP
- Cueto named NL Player of the Week
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition Sunday, August 10
- Mesoraco's slam lifts Reds to a 7-2 victory
- Brad Penny strong, Marlins top Reds, 4-3
- Reds drop a 2-1 contest to the Marlins to open Hall of Fame Weekend
- Reds fishing for 4 straight wins
- Bailey dominant as Reds secure Ohio Cup with 4-0 win over Indians
- Reds bats coming out of collective slump?
- Latos, Negron, Cozart, pace Reds in 8-3 win over Indians
- Reds, Indians continue at GABP
- MLB, Cincinnati Reds unveil official logo of 2015 All-Star Game
- Bizarre play, Cueto help Reds down Indians 9-2
- Reds trying to end Cleveland misery
- Kluber stops Reds, Indians win 7-1
- Reds, Indians renew rivalry
- Reds lose in extra innings to Marlins, 2-1
- Reds acquire IF Jake Elmore
- Latos earns first win over hometown team as Reds beat Marlins, 5-2
- Reds Transactions
- MLB statement on Reds-Marlins game
- Seeking momentum, Reds send Latos to hill
- After controversial replay, Reds top Marlins 3-1
- Reds head to Miami in search of answers
- Reds fall to Diamondbacks, 5-4
- Minus three sluggers, Reds play for series win
- Leake leads Reds over Diamondbacks 3-0
- Reds' Jay Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: Sunday, July 27
- Who Asked You? Sunday, July 20
- Who Asked You? Sunday, June 15
- Dodgers fan accused of defying GABP ban
- Who Asked You? Reds: Sunday, May 4
- WATCH 2014 Opening Day Parade
- Opening Day Memories: No other day like it
- Reds post sound vs Cardinals
- Hometown Reds exhibit opens Friday
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Cueto aims for MLB-best 16th victory
Updated: Wednesday, August 20 2014, 01:15 PM EDT
ST. LOUS (JEFF MEZYDLO/STATS/AP) -- As poor as the Cincinnati Reds have played of late, there's reason to feel good about their chances with Johnny Cueto on the mound.
Looking to help the Reds avoid a fifth consecutive loss and road series sweep at the hands of the St. Louis Cardinals, Cueto can be the majors' first pitcher to 16 victories by winning a career-high sixth straight start Wednesday night.
Cincinnati (61-65) has won twice in 11 games and both victories came with Cueto (15-6, 2.06 ERA) on the hill.
Owner of the third-lowest ERA in the majors, Cueto has allowed seven runs and struck out 39 over 39 innings in the last five outings. The right-hander, who also won five in a row July 8-Aug. 2, 2012, has yielded two runs in each of the last three and lasted eight innings in both starts following his complete game in a 9-2 win at Cleveland on Aug. 5.
''As a manager, it's very comfortable being able to put your stock into one guy,'' Cincinnati's Bryan Price said. ''You go all in with Johnny and you don't fear losing the game late.''
He struck out six at Colorado on Friday.
"He's one of the best in the league. He's an animal," Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado said.
Cueto has allowed a solo homer and lasted seven innings in each of his last two versus St. Louis (68-57), over which he's 0-1 and received one run of support. He surrendered three hits and struck out eight during a 1-0 home loss to the Cardinals to open this season.
Though the Reds have lost seven straight series at Busch Stadium, they haven't been swept there since Sept. 26-28, 2008.
Cincinnati has led in each contest during its four-game skid and blew a 4-1 advantage in Tuesday's 5-4 defeat to the Cardinals, who won when John Jay was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded in the ninth.
St. Louis won 6-5 in 10 innings of Monday's opener.
Jay, 10 for 21 with a double and three homers against Cueto, has 10 RBIs and been hit six times while batting .484 during an 11-game hitting streak.
''It's not like you hope to get hit by a pitch every time,'' Jay said. ''But I'll take it.''
A winner in three straight and six of seven, St. Louis should feel even more confident with Lance Lynn (13-8, 2.91) taking the ball.
The right-hander gave up seven runs in two innings of a 9-1 road loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on June 28, but is 5-2 with a 1.97 ERA in eight starts that followed. He allowed a run in six innings of a 4-2 home victory over San Diego on Friday.
"He has a real nice feel for all of his pitches right now," manager Mike Matheny told MLB's official website.
Lynn is 2-0 against the Reds this season, but has posted a 6.55 ERA in those contests.
He went 2-0 with a 1.38 ERA at home versus Cincinnati last season, but allowed five runs in six innings of a 7-5 victory there April 8.
Two of Todd Frazier's three hits in 18 at-bats against Lynn left the park. The All-Star third baseman hit a two-run homer Tuesday and is 4 for 7 in the series.