- Reds out to avoid Cubs sweep
- Arrieta takes no-hitter into 8th, Cubs blank Reds
- Cueto attempts to match career high for victories
- Rizzo's walk-off homer gives Cubs 1-0 win vs. Reds
- Reds, Cubs to meet under lights in Wrigley
- Holmberg earns first win, Reds beat Brewers 5-1
- Overbay buries the Reds in the ninth as Brewers win 3-2
- Reds to play spoiler in Milwaukee
- Cueto outlasts Lynn as Reds beat Cardinals 1-0
- Cueto can tie for MLB lead in wins
- Simon uses arm, bat to lift Reds over Cardinals
- Reds complete trade that sent Broxton to Brewers
- Woman suing Reds pitcher won't have to reveal name
- Mesoraco homers, leads Reds over Cardinals 9-5
- Reds hoping to end Cardinals streak at 6
- Cardinals extend surge, beat Reds 5-0
- Reds' Axelrod leaves after 7 pitches vs Cardinals
- OPENING DAY 2015: Reds host Pirates on April 5
- Cards look to continue dominance against the Reds
- Reds give up four unearned runs, fall to Mets 4-3
- Reds end the losing streak with a 2-1 win over Mets
- Reds lose big to Mets, 14-5
- Reds in danger of worst mark since 2009
- Reds RHP Bailey to undergo elbow surgery
- Reds rally, but fall short 9-7, as Baltimore sweeps Cincinnati
- Reds out to avoid Orioles sweep
- Gonzalez goes the distance as Orioles top Reds 6-0
- Sputtering Reds turn to Axelrod
- Reds lose to Orioles 5-4
- Reds plan to move RHP Bailey to 60-day DL
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: August 31
- A big day for Heisey gives Reds 3-2 victory over Pittsburgh
- Reds deal Broxton to Milwaukee
- Reds drop another one run game, lose 3-2 to the Pirates
- Cincinnati native Josh Harrison key in Pirates 2-1 win over Reds
- Reds, Pirates meet as playoff hopefuls
- Reds steal six bases, top Cubs 7-2
- Axelrod recalled for start against Cubs
- Reds overcome slow start to beat Cubs 7-5
- Latos takes mound day after birth of baby
- Wood helps Cubs beat Reds 3-0
- Reds look for turnaround to start against Cubs
- Who Asked You? Reds: August 24
- Reds hold off the Braves in the ninth, win 5-3
- Reds lose 3-1 in 12 innings, losing streak up to 7
- Selig's stance hasn't changed on Pete Rose
- Reds losing streak up to six games, fall to Braves, 8-0
- Reds in danger of falling out of contention
- Cueto aims for MLB-best 16th victory
- Reds blow lead, lose 4th straight
- Reds pitcher Alfredo Simon wants accuser identified
- Cardinals beat Reds 6-5 in 10 innings
- Reds activate Phillips from DL
- Reds need to regroup against Cardinals
- Reds blow lead, lose both games of double header
- Rockies rally for 10-9 victory over Reds
- Reds set for a doubleheader at Coors Field
- Reds-Rockies game postponed by water main break
- Bailey to DL, Axelrod brought up to start
- Axelrod to make Reds debut
- Cueto, Negron lift Reds to 3-2 win over Rockies
- Culberson, De La Rosa help Rockies beat Reds 7-3
- Reds RHP Bailey headed for DL with strained elbow
- Reds, Simon take on Rockies
- Napoli homer lifts Red Sox to 5-4 win over Reds
- Cespedes' homer lifts Red Sox to 3-2 win over Reds
- Reds, Red Sox open series at GABP
- Cueto named NL Player of the Week
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition Sunday, August 10
- Mesoraco's slam lifts Reds to a 7-2 victory
- Brad Penny strong, Marlins top Reds, 4-3
- Reds drop a 2-1 contest to the Marlins to open Hall of Fame Weekend
- Reds fishing for 4 straight wins
- Bailey dominant as Reds secure Ohio Cup with 4-0 win over Indians
- Reds bats coming out of collective slump?
- Latos, Negron, Cozart, pace Reds in 8-3 win over Indians
- Reds, Indians continue at GABP
- MLB, Cincinnati Reds unveil official logo of 2015 All-Star Game
- Bizarre play, Cueto help Reds down Indians 9-2
- Reds trying to end Cleveland misery
- Kluber stops Reds, Indians win 7-1
- Reds, Indians renew rivalry
- Reds lose in extra innings to Marlins, 2-1
- Reds acquire IF Jake Elmore
- Latos earns first win over hometown team as Reds beat Marlins, 5-2
- Reds Transactions
- MLB statement on Reds-Marlins game
- Seeking momentum, Reds send Latos to hill
- After controversial replay, Reds top Marlins 3-1
- Reds head to Miami in search of answers
- Reds fall to Diamondbacks, 5-4
- Minus three sluggers, Reds play for series win
- Leake leads Reds over Diamondbacks 3-0
- Reds' Jay Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: Sunday, July 27
- Who Asked You? Sunday, July 20
- Who Asked You? Sunday, June 15
- Dodgers fan accused of defying GABP ban
- Who Asked You? Reds: Sunday, May 4
- WATCH 2014 Opening Day Parade
- Opening Day Memories: No other day like it
- Reds post sound vs Cardinals
- Hometown Reds exhibit opens Friday
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Latos takes mound day after birth of baby
Updated: Wednesday, August 27 2014, 01:02 PM EDT
CINCINNATI (JEFF MEZYDLO/STATS/AP) -- The Chicago Cubs are again set to showcase a prospect they hope will play a prominent role in their future.
Highly touted slugger Jorge Soler is expected to make his major league debut Wednesday night when the visiting Cubs try to match a season high with their fifth consecutive victory against the Cincinnati Reds.
With starter Kyle Hendricks, outfielder Arismendy Alcantara and infielder Javier Baez all having enjoyed various levels of success since making their big-league debuts for Chicago (59-72) this season, the 22-year-old Soler provides another glimpse of the rebuilding franchise's potentially bright future.
"We're starting to see that light at the end of the tunnel," All-Star Anthony Rizzo, who hit his 30th homer in Tuesday's 3-0 win at Cincinnati, told MLB's official website.
"There's always an expectation to win, but with these guys coming up, they're going to be patient and let them develop and get their at-bats in, but at the same time, we want to win, too."
Considered among the club's top prospects alongside the 21-year-old Baez, the Cuban-born Soler hit .340 with 15 homers and 57 RBIs while posting an on-base percentage of .432 and slugging .700 in 62 games playing in Double-A, Triple-A and the rookie league this year.
"It's pretty exciting for the whole organization," manager Rick Renteria said. "It's a young man that has been talked about a whole lot. I'm sure the organization would like to get him up here, get his feet wet."
Soler is likely to be in right field next to Alcantara, who has homered in two straight games and is 6 for 11 with three RBIs in the last three.
Though the Cubs scored all their runs and recorded seven hits in 6 1-3 innings off Cincinnati ace Johnny Cueto on Tuesday, they face another serious challenge against Mat Latos (4-3, 2.99 ERA).
The right-hander allowed a run in seven innings of a 4-1 win at Wrigley Field on June 25 to improve to 5-0 with a 1.88 ERA in his last seven starts against the Cubs.
Latos has been nearly as dominant in August, going 2-0 with a 2.48 ERA in five starts. He overcame nine hits to limit Atlanta to a run over six innings of a 3-1, 12-inning loss Friday.
The Reds (63-69) were shut out for the 12th time Tuesday and have lost eight of 10. Todd Frazier had one of those hits and is 3 for 8 in two games after going 1 for 14 in his previous four contests.
Frazier is 3 for 5 with a double against Jacob Turner (4-7, 5.77), who makes his first start since Chicago acquired him from Miami on Aug. 8.
The right-hander, who allowed one run and three hits in 4 1-3 innings of two relief appearances for Chicago, is 4-5 with a 6.03 ERA in 12 starts this season. He gave up five runs and nine hits in four innings of a 7-3 loss to the Reds in his most recent start Aug. 3.
Rizzo is batting .347 with seven homers in 14 games against the Reds this season, but it's uncertain if he will play after leaving late Tuesday with lower back tightness.
He's 2 for 15 versus Latos.