- Injured Reds pitchers begin throwing
- Grand slam powers Dodgers over Reds
- Cueto struggles vs KC
- Hosmer, Perez homer in Royals 9-5 win over Reds
- Hamilton steals again, but Mariners beat Reds 6-5
- Reds injury updates
- Price wins managerial debut, Reds top Indians 8-3
- Reds move Simon into starter role with Latos hurt
- Reds Futures High School Showcase expands to 72 teams
- C Pena gives Reds a Cuban connection
- Speedy Billy Hamilton takes over Reds leadoff spot
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- Bailey wanted assurances Reds committed to winning
- Reds, RHP Bailey agree to a 6-year deal
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Reds, Homer Bailey agree on 105M, 6-year deal
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Cingrani trying for more than all fastballs
- Bailey says he is really close to deal with Reds
- Price settles in as manager
- 5 things to know about the Reds as camp starts
- Reds want players to keep beards, hair in check
- Johnny Cueto embraces role of Reds ace
- Latos has surgery for torn knee cartilage
- Reds pitchers and catchers report to Goodyear Friday
- Reds claim RHP Brett Marshall off waivers
- Griffey Jr., Larkin do baseball diplomacy in Cuba
- Diamondbacks agree to deal with former Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo
- Chapman and Reds agree on 5 million, 1 year deal
- Chris Nelson, Reds agree to minor league contract
- Reds avoid arbitration with three more
- Game times for Reds regular season schedule announced
- Reds agree to minor league deal with LHP Francis
- 2014 Reds Caravan set for Jan. 23-26
- Reds name Dragons coaching staff
- Riggleman, rest of Reds AAA staff returns for 2014
- Reds sign 10 to minor league contracts
- Ryan Freel diagnosed with CTE
- Reds and Yankees reportedly discuss trade
- Reds must replace Choo's production in lineup
- Former Reds Concepcion, Parker not heading to HOF
- Baseball Writers Association of America Announces Reds Performance Winners
- Reds Release 2014 Cactus League Schedule
- Reds Announce 2014 Coaching Staff
- Reds Hall of Fame Announces Class of 2014
- Reds acquire Holmberg from Ari, Send Hanigan to TB
- Reds non-tender OFs Paul, Robinson
- Reports: Parra re-signs with Reds
- Schumaker, Reds complete $5 million, 2-year deal
- Sean Casey on Hall of Fame ballot
- Reds add four to 40-man
- Report: Skip Schumaker signs two-year contract with Reds
- Choo turns down Reds contract offer
- Redsfest tickets on sale
- Reds agree in principle to deal with C Pena
- Jay Bruce wins 2nd straight Silver Slugger Award
- Report: Yankees inquire about Phillips
- Reds do not make offer to Arroyo, 4 others
- Reds make qualifying offer to Choo
- Concepcion 1 of 12 candidates on the Expansion Era Hall of Fame ballot
- 5 Dates for Reds Fans this Offseason
- Phillips wins 4th Gold Glove
- Yankees Interested in Choo?
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Reds choose Bryan Price for next manager
- Reds To Introduce New Manager Bryan Price At 3:00 P.M. Press Conference Today
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Reports indicating Reds are shopping 2B Phillips
- Reds' Latos Undergoes Surgery
- Dusty Baker to Replace Nationals' Manager?
- Bruce nominated for Hank Aaron Award
- Reds minor leaguer suspended
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Fans Not Suprised Dusty Baker Was Fired
- Dusty Baker Fired as Reds Manager
- Reds Face Big Questions in Offseason
- Reds stayed pat, paid for it in playoffs
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Police: No charges in fight involving Reds' wife
- Pirates beat Reds 6-2 in NL wild-card game
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Rookies on wild-card rosters for Reds, Pirates
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Pirates hoping for more than cameo in playoffs
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Bumpus Jones: Who is he and why is he in the news?
- Pirates sweep series, await Reds in Wild Card
- Reds' Latos out for wild card game with sore elbow
- Reds game Tuesday starts at 8:05pm
- Cueto tapped to start Tuesday's Wild Card game at Pittsburgh
- Arroyo shelled, Pirates beat Reds 8-3 for home-field advantage
- Pirates tie HR record at Great American Ball Park
- Reds face must-win for home playoff game
- Pirates take upper-hand in pivotal final series, beat Reds 4-1
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- Reds postgame vs Mets
- Reds eliminated from Central race with Cardinals win
- Matsuzaka pitches Mets to 1-0 win over Reds
- Reds Fans Break Ballpark Attendance Record
- Mets rock Leake, give Reds costly 4-2 defeat
- Cueto's return gives Reds their ace for playoffs
- Buc up! Pirates, Reds punch playoff tickets
- Reds clinch playoff berth, beat Mets 3-2 in 10th
- Reds leave Pittsburgh with a big win
- Votto error costly, Reds drop contest to Pirates, 4-2
- Reds game time changed
- Votto HR lifts Reds into a Wild Card tie
- Reds and Pirates Set to Meet in Critical Series
- Marty Brennaman Signs Contract Extension
- Wild Card & NLDS tickets to go on sale
- Hamilton in starting lineup for Reds
- Reds hand Astros 100th loss, 10-0
- Reds get well against Astros
- Arroyo is Clemente Award Nominee
- Cueto solid in return; Reds top Astros 6-1
- Halton's homer walks off Reds
- Cueto set to start Monday
- Choo, Votto go deep in Reds win
- Lohse, Gomez deal Reds 5-1 loss
- Reds talk after win over Cubs
- Mesoraco, Hannahan power Reds to 6-0 win over Cubs
- Reds try to avoid Cubs sweep
- Police and Fire Appreciation Day at GABP
- Castillo homers twice as Cubs rout Reds 9-1
- Reds to open 2014 season hosting Cardinals
- Former Reds player approaching Japanese HR record
- Wood, Cubs stall Reds' surge with 2-0 win
- Bruce crushes two HRs, Reds win in last at bat
- Billy Hamilton, Reds shake Dodgers in extras
- Reds unveil Morgan statue, Rose attends
- Votto homers, lifts Reds over Dodgers
- Reds crush Lynn, take three of four from Cards
- Joe Morgan Statue Dedication Details
- Adams' HRs send Cardinals over Reds 5-4 in 16
- Hamilton's run, Chapman's fastball give Reds speed
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Reds crush Lynn, take three of four from Cards
Updated: Friday, September 6 2013, 12:35 AM EDT
CINCINNATI (AP)-- A sleepless night gave way to a satisfying finish for the Cincinnati Reds.
Todd Frazier hit two homers, including the first of Cincinnati's three off Lance Lynn, and the Reds recovered from a 16-inning loss by overpowering the St. Louis Cardinals 6-2 on Thursday night, taking three of four in their final series of the season.
"That's the biggest part of what we needed to do: We needed to win," Frazier said.
Jay Bruce and Shin-Soo Choo also hit solo homers off Lynn (13-10), who lasted five innings and gave up three homers for only the second time in his career. Frazier also connected off Seth Maness for the third multihomer game of his career.
By winning their final series together, the Reds tightened the NL Central race and ended the Cardinals' dominance. St. Louis had won the last seven series between them. Cincinnati's lone loss was 5-4 in 16 innings on Wednesday night, one that left them with a sick feeling after they blew so many chances.
"That was a big series right there," manager Dusty Baker said. "That game last night still hurts, but that's OK. We've got a resilient team. I don't think anybody slept last night."
That 16-inning loss was set up by the Reds' third, fourth and fifth hitters going a combined 0 for 19. Frazier, their sixth-place hitter on Thursday, came through with his two solo homers and a single.
"We've just got to get somebody hot in the middle of the lineup, and Todd stepped up for us," Baker said. "He's been struggling some. He's a streaky hitter. I'd like to see him streak to the end."
Left-hander Tony Cingrani (7-3) returned from a sore back and did a little bit of everything. He pitched into the sixth inning, gave up two runs, bunted for a hit, stole a base and scored. The Reds told him not to swing at the plate as a precaution against hurting his back, so he bunted.
David Freese homered for the Cardinals, who have lost six of eight. With first-place Pittsburgh idle, the Cardinals slipped to 1 1/2 games behind the Pirates while the Reds moved to 3 games out.
The Cardinals got some encouraging news before the game. Cleanup hitter Allen Craig has a sprained left foot, but nothing is broken.
Allen twisted the foot while rounding first base on Wednesday night. Initially, the Cardinals feared it was broken -- X-rays were inconclusive. He flew to St. Louis for an MRI and more X-rays that ruled out a fracture. He's expected back at some point during the season.
Cingrani had to leave his start on Aug. 20 because of a strained lower back. He returned on Thursday and showed there was nothing wrong.
Cingrani beat out a bunt for a single in the second inning. He stole second base off catcher Tony Cruz -- the first steal by a Reds pitcher since Bronson Arroyo in 2008 -- and came around on a wild pitch and Brandon Phillips' infield single.
"They don't really pay attention to you over at the bag there," Cingrani said. "I'm ready to go every time. But they generally don't want you to steal too often."
Phillips was taken out hard at second base while completing a double play in the sixth. He left an inning later as a precaution with a sore left thigh.
Lynn had already beaten the Reds three times this season, but is going through a rough time lately. The right-hander has lost his last four starts, giving up 19 runs in 23 innings.
"It's definitely not fun, especially with the stuff I've had lately," Lynn said. "I think it's some of the best I've had all year. It's frustrating."
The only other time in his career that he allowed three homers in a game was June 14, 2012, at Kansas City.
The four homers overall equaled the most given up by the Cardinals this season. Pittsburgh hit four on April 28.
PHOTO: CINCINNATI, OH - SEPTEMBER 05: Shin-Soo Choo #17 of the Cincinnati Reds is congratulated by third base coach Mark Berry #41 after hitting a home run in the 4th inning during the game against the St. Louis Cardinals at Great American Ball Park on September 5, 2013 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)