- Reds Bell among 7 candidates named by D-Backs
- Reds can't stay with the status quo anymore
- Cueto earns 20th win on final day of season, Reds beat Pirates, 4-1
- Reds walk off in grand fashion, beat Pirates 10-6 in extras
- Reds give GM Walt Jocketty 2-year extension
- Reds score just one in loss to Pirates
- Reds aim to keep Pirates from division crown
- Reds eliminate Brewers with 5-3 win
- Reflecting back on the 2014 Reds
- Reds get 2 hits by Hannahan, lose to Brewers 5-0
- Reds set to spoil Brewers playoff plans
- Cueto wins 19th, Reds beat Brewers 3-1
- Reds begin final homestand against Brewers
- Reds hit 4 homers in 7-2 win at St. Louis
- Reds fall to Cardinals, 2-1
- Holmberg set to face Cardinals
- Hendriks wins again, pitches Cubs past Reds
- Reds out to avoid Cubs sweep
- Arrieta takes no-hitter into 8th, Cubs blank Reds
- Cueto attempts to match career high for victories
- Rizzo's walk-off homer gives Cubs 1-0 win vs. Reds
- Reds, Cubs to meet under lights in Wrigley
- Holmberg earns first win, Reds beat Brewers 5-1
- Overbay buries the Reds in the ninth as Brewers win 3-2
- Reds to play spoiler in Milwaukee
- Cueto outlasts Lynn as Reds beat Cardinals 1-0
- Cueto can tie for MLB lead in wins
- Simon uses arm, bat to lift Reds over Cardinals
- Reds complete trade that sent Broxton to Brewers
- Woman suing Reds pitcher won't have to reveal name
- Mesoraco homers, leads Reds over Cardinals 9-5
- Reds hoping to end Cardinals streak at 6
- Cardinals extend surge, beat Reds 5-0
- Reds' Axelrod leaves after 7 pitches vs Cardinals
- OPENING DAY 2015: Reds host Pirates on April 5
- Cards look to continue dominance against the Reds
- Reds give up four unearned runs, fall to Mets 4-3
- Reds end the losing streak with a 2-1 win over Mets
- Reds lose big to Mets, 14-5
- Reds in danger of worst mark since 2009
- Reds RHP Bailey to undergo elbow surgery
- Reds rally, but fall short 9-7, as Baltimore sweeps Cincinnati
- Reds out to avoid Orioles sweep
- Gonzalez goes the distance as Orioles top Reds 6-0
- Sputtering Reds turn to Axelrod
- Reds lose to Orioles 5-4
- Reds plan to move RHP Bailey to 60-day DL
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: August 31
- A big day for Heisey gives Reds 3-2 victory over Pittsburgh
- Reds deal Broxton to Milwaukee
- Reds drop another one run game, lose 3-2 to the Pirates
- Cincinnati native Josh Harrison key in Pirates 2-1 win over Reds
- Reds, Pirates meet as playoff hopefuls
- Reds steal six bases, top Cubs 7-2
- Axelrod recalled for start against Cubs
- Reds overcome slow start to beat Cubs 7-5
- Latos takes mound day after birth of baby
- Wood helps Cubs beat Reds 3-0
- Reds look for turnaround to start against Cubs
- Who Asked You? Reds: August 24
- Reds hold off the Braves in the ninth, win 5-3
- Reds lose 3-1 in 12 innings, losing streak up to 7
- Selig's stance hasn't changed on Pete Rose
- Reds losing streak up to six games, fall to Braves, 8-0
- Reds in danger of falling out of contention
- Cueto aims for MLB-best 16th victory
- Reds blow lead, lose 4th straight
- Reds pitcher Alfredo Simon wants accuser identified
- Cardinals beat Reds 6-5 in 10 innings
- Reds activate Phillips from DL
- Reds need to regroup against Cardinals
- Reds blow lead, lose both games of double header
- Rockies rally for 10-9 victory over Reds
- Reds set for a doubleheader at Coors Field
- Reds-Rockies game postponed by water main break
- Bailey to DL, Axelrod brought up to start
- Axelrod to make Reds debut
- Cueto, Negron lift Reds to 3-2 win over Rockies
- Culberson, De La Rosa help Rockies beat Reds 7-3
- Reds RHP Bailey headed for DL with strained elbow
- Reds, Simon take on Rockies
- Napoli homer lifts Red Sox to 5-4 win over Reds
- Cespedes' homer lifts Red Sox to 3-2 win over Reds
- Reds, Red Sox open series at GABP
- Cueto named NL Player of the Week
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition Sunday, August 10
- Mesoraco's slam lifts Reds to a 7-2 victory
- Brad Penny strong, Marlins top Reds, 4-3
- Reds drop a 2-1 contest to the Marlins to open Hall of Fame Weekend
- Reds fishing for 4 straight wins
- Bailey dominant as Reds secure Ohio Cup with 4-0 win over Indians
- Reds bats coming out of collective slump?
- Latos, Negron, Cozart, pace Reds in 8-3 win over Indians
- Reds, Indians continue at GABP
- MLB, Cincinnati Reds unveil official logo of 2015 All-Star Game
- Bizarre play, Cueto help Reds down Indians 9-2
- Reds trying to end Cleveland misery
- Kluber stops Reds, Indians win 7-1
- Reds, Indians renew rivalry
- Reds lose in extra innings to Marlins, 2-1
- Reds acquire IF Jake Elmore
- Latos earns first win over hometown team as Reds beat Marlins, 5-2
- Reds Transactions
- MLB statement on Reds-Marlins game
- Seeking momentum, Reds send Latos to hill
- After controversial replay, Reds top Marlins 3-1
- Reds head to Miami in search of answers
- Reds fall to Diamondbacks, 5-4
- Minus three sluggers, Reds play for series win
- Leake leads Reds over Diamondbacks 3-0
- Reds' Jay Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: Sunday, July 27
- Who Asked You? Sunday, July 20
- Who Asked You? Sunday, June 15
- Dodgers fan accused of defying GABP ban
- Who Asked You? Reds: Sunday, May 4
- WATCH 2014 Opening Day Parade
- Opening Day Memories: No other day like it
- Reds post sound vs Cardinals
- Hometown Reds exhibit opens Friday
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Reds look for turnaround to start against Cubs
Updated: Tuesday, August 26 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
CINCINNATI (TAYLOR BECHTOLD/STATS/AP) -- When the Chicago Cubs visited Great American Ball Park last month, the Cincinnati Reds won four of five to pull within 2 1/2 games of the NL Central lead.
A lot has changed since then for Cincinnati - and not for the better.
As ace Johnny Cueto takes another shot at becoming MLB's first 16-game winner Tuesday night, the Reds are hoping to manufacture a late turnaround while continuing their dominance against the Cubs.
Since outscoring Chicago 27-17 in that rare five-game set from July 7-10, Cincinnati (63-68) has gone 14-25 while posting a .229 average to fall into a deep hole in the division and sixth in the crowded wild-card race.
The Reds, though, snapped a seven-game losing streak with a 1-0 win over Atlanta on Saturday, then showed some life offensively with 10 hits in Sunday's 5-3 victory. Zack Cosart had three of those, and Todd Frazier went 2 for 4 with his 22nd home run.
"I don't think there's any quit in this team," manager Bryan Price told MLB's official website. "We can play a lot better than we have."
Price is hoping a series with the last-place Cubs (58-72) can spark a run. The Reds have won nine of 13 meetings in 2014 and 56 of 78 dating to the 2010 season.
Cueto (15-7, 2.20 ERA) has had a hand in that success, going 5-0 with a 1.19 ERA in his last seven starts versus Chicago.
The right-hander will try to bounce back after having his five-start winning streak snapped with Wednesday's 7-3 loss at St. Louis. He allowed five runs and a season high-tying seven hits with four walks over five-plus innings.
Cueto should be able to bounce back at home, where he owns a 1.74 ERA over a six-start winning streak.
He gave up two runs over 6 1-3 innings in a 4-2 home victory over the Cubs on July 8. Chicago's Chris Coghlan homered in that contest for his only hit in eight career at-bats when facing Cueto. Ryan Sweeney followed with another immediately after, one of 15 solo shots of the 16 homers Cueto has allowed.
Slugger Anthony Rizzo has gone just 1 for 15 lifetime in the matchup, but he's hitting .356 with six home runs against the Reds this season while reaching base at a .500 clip.
Fellow All-Star Starlin Castro is expected to return after a five-game stint on the bereavement list as the Cubs try for their fourth straight win following a home sweep of AL East-leading Baltimore.
Arismendy Alcantara homered in Sunday's 2-1 win and is 5 for 7 in his last two games. The rookie had season highs with four hits and three RBIs in his last game in Cincinnati, a 6-4 win July 10.
The Reds will get their first look at fellow rookie Javier Baez, who ranks among the NL leaders with seven home runs in August.
"It doesn't hurt when you're playing good baseball and your spirits are uplifted when you have some of the young men coming through in big situations with timely hits or some really nice defensive plays," manager Rick Renteria said.
Travis Wood (7-11, 4.91) will try to lead the Cubs to a seventh win in nine games, but he's 0-6 with a 5.45 ERA in 12 starts since last winning June 15 in Philadelphia.
Wood hasn't had much success against his former club, going 1-5 with a 3.68 ERA in eight career starts. He opposed Cueto in Cincinnati last month, allowing four runs over 5 1-3 innings.