- Cueto earns 20th win on final day of season, Reds beat Pirates, 4-1
- Reds walk off in grand fashion, beat Pirates 10-6 in extras
- Reds give GM Walt Jocketty 2-year extension
- Reds score just one in loss to Pirates
- Reds aim to keep Pirates from division crown
- Reds eliminate Brewers with 5-3 win
- Reflecting back on the 2014 Reds
- Reds get 2 hits by Hannahan, lose to Brewers 5-0
- Reds set to spoil Brewers playoff plans
- Cueto wins 19th, Reds beat Brewers 3-1
- Reds begin final homestand against Brewers
- Reds hit 4 homers in 7-2 win at St. Louis
- Reds fall to Cardinals, 2-1
- Holmberg set to face Cardinals
- Hendriks wins again, pitches Cubs past Reds
- Reds out to avoid Cubs sweep
- Arrieta takes no-hitter into 8th, Cubs blank Reds
- Cueto attempts to match career high for victories
- Rizzo's walk-off homer gives Cubs 1-0 win vs. Reds
- Reds, Cubs to meet under lights in Wrigley
- Holmberg earns first win, Reds beat Brewers 5-1
- Overbay buries the Reds in the ninth as Brewers win 3-2
- Reds to play spoiler in Milwaukee
- Cueto outlasts Lynn as Reds beat Cardinals 1-0
- Cueto can tie for MLB lead in wins
- Simon uses arm, bat to lift Reds over Cardinals
- Reds complete trade that sent Broxton to Brewers
- Woman suing Reds pitcher won't have to reveal name
- Mesoraco homers, leads Reds over Cardinals 9-5
- Reds hoping to end Cardinals streak at 6
- Cardinals extend surge, beat Reds 5-0
- Reds' Axelrod leaves after 7 pitches vs Cardinals
- OPENING DAY 2015: Reds host Pirates on April 5
- Cards look to continue dominance against the Reds
- Reds give up four unearned runs, fall to Mets 4-3
- Reds end the losing streak with a 2-1 win over Mets
- Reds lose big to Mets, 14-5
- Reds in danger of worst mark since 2009
- Reds RHP Bailey to undergo elbow surgery
- Reds rally, but fall short 9-7, as Baltimore sweeps Cincinnati
- Reds out to avoid Orioles sweep
- Gonzalez goes the distance as Orioles top Reds 6-0
- Sputtering Reds turn to Axelrod
- Reds lose to Orioles 5-4
- Reds plan to move RHP Bailey to 60-day DL
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: August 31
- A big day for Heisey gives Reds 3-2 victory over Pittsburgh
- Reds deal Broxton to Milwaukee
- Reds drop another one run game, lose 3-2 to the Pirates
- Cincinnati native Josh Harrison key in Pirates 2-1 win over Reds
- Reds, Pirates meet as playoff hopefuls
- Reds steal six bases, top Cubs 7-2
- Axelrod recalled for start against Cubs
- Reds overcome slow start to beat Cubs 7-5
- Latos takes mound day after birth of baby
- Wood helps Cubs beat Reds 3-0
- Reds look for turnaround to start against Cubs
- Who Asked You? Reds: August 24
- Reds hold off the Braves in the ninth, win 5-3
- Reds lose 3-1 in 12 innings, losing streak up to 7
- Selig's stance hasn't changed on Pete Rose
- Reds losing streak up to six games, fall to Braves, 8-0
- Reds in danger of falling out of contention
- Cueto aims for MLB-best 16th victory
- Reds blow lead, lose 4th straight
- Reds pitcher Alfredo Simon wants accuser identified
- Cardinals beat Reds 6-5 in 10 innings
- Reds activate Phillips from DL
- Reds need to regroup against Cardinals
- Reds blow lead, lose both games of double header
- Rockies rally for 10-9 victory over Reds
- Reds set for a doubleheader at Coors Field
- Reds-Rockies game postponed by water main break
- Bailey to DL, Axelrod brought up to start
- Axelrod to make Reds debut
- Cueto, Negron lift Reds to 3-2 win over Rockies
- Culberson, De La Rosa help Rockies beat Reds 7-3
- Reds RHP Bailey headed for DL with strained elbow
- Reds, Simon take on Rockies
- Napoli homer lifts Red Sox to 5-4 win over Reds
- Cespedes' homer lifts Red Sox to 3-2 win over Reds
- Reds, Red Sox open series at GABP
- Cueto named NL Player of the Week
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition Sunday, August 10
- Mesoraco's slam lifts Reds to a 7-2 victory
- Brad Penny strong, Marlins top Reds, 4-3
- Reds drop a 2-1 contest to the Marlins to open Hall of Fame Weekend
- Reds fishing for 4 straight wins
- Bailey dominant as Reds secure Ohio Cup with 4-0 win over Indians
- Reds bats coming out of collective slump?
- Latos, Negron, Cozart, pace Reds in 8-3 win over Indians
- Reds, Indians continue at GABP
- MLB, Cincinnati Reds unveil official logo of 2015 All-Star Game
- Bizarre play, Cueto help Reds down Indians 9-2
- Reds trying to end Cleveland misery
- Kluber stops Reds, Indians win 7-1
- Reds, Indians renew rivalry
- Reds lose in extra innings to Marlins, 2-1
- Reds acquire IF Jake Elmore
- Latos earns first win over hometown team as Reds beat Marlins, 5-2
- Reds Transactions
- MLB statement on Reds-Marlins game
- Seeking momentum, Reds send Latos to hill
- After controversial replay, Reds top Marlins 3-1
- Reds head to Miami in search of answers
- Reds fall to Diamondbacks, 5-4
- Minus three sluggers, Reds play for series win
- Leake leads Reds over Diamondbacks 3-0
- Reds' Jay Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: Sunday, July 27
- Who Asked You? Sunday, July 20
- Who Asked You? Sunday, June 15
- Dodgers fan accused of defying GABP ban
- Who Asked You? Reds: Sunday, May 4
- WATCH 2014 Opening Day Parade
- Opening Day Memories: No other day like it
- Reds post sound vs Cardinals
- Hometown Reds exhibit opens Friday
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Reds set for a doubleheader at Coors Field
Updated: Sunday, August 17 2014, 03:57 PM EDT
DENVER (JORDAN GARRETSON/STATS/AP) -- The Cincinnati Reds have found it difficult to string together road victories lately, but they'll have a shot at leaving town with a three-game road winning streak following Sunday's day-night doubleheader with the Colorado Rockies.
Cincinnati figures to like its chances of starting off well in the opener with Mat Latos on the hill.
A water main break outside of Coors Field prompted what was originally a 30-minute delay to Saturday night's third meeting of a four-game set between these teams. The Denver Office of Emergency Management requested that the game be postponed.
"We've done this before," Reds manager Bryan Price told MLB's official website, though he noted the reasoning for the doubleheader was a first for him. "Everybody is conditioned to this, a doubleheader."
The Reds (61-61) are hoping to carry the momentum over from a 3-2 victory Friday where they went ahead on a Kristopher Negron single in the ninth, his fourth in as many at-bats.
Cincinnati has won five of eight on the road - not overly impressive, but an improvement considering it had previously dropped nine in a row away from home. The Reds haven't won three straight on the road since a season-best five-game winning streak from June 25-29.
Latos (4-3, 2.95 ERA) has been sharp in his last three starts, going 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA. He was in line for a third straight victory Tuesday after holding Boston to one run and five hits over seven innings, but Cincinnati's bullpen faltered in a 3-2 defeat.
The right-hander has won four consecutive starts versus Colorado, including two straight at Coors Field in which he limited the Rockies to three runs in 16 2-3 innings.
Cincinnati might be missing a big bat to support Latos with Todd Frazier's status unclear. Frazier wasn't scheduled to start Saturday for the second straight game because of a sore lower back. He leads the team with 64 RBIs and had driven in one in four straight before going 0 for 4 in a 7-3 loss Thursday.
The Rockies (47-75) are set to retire Todd Helton's jersey prior to Sunday's opener, and would like to honor the five-time All-Star with a pair of victories, but they've failed to win consecutive games during a 4-15 stretch.
Michael Cuddyer's return figures to help a club averaging 3.7 runs in that span after previously scoring 4.7 per game on the season. Cuddyer, the league's reigning batting champ, was set to start in right field and bat second Saturday in his first contest since June 5 after being sidelined by a fractured left shoulder. He's 12 for 29 with six extra-base hits over his last seven games versus Cincinnati.
However, Colorado has to be concerned about Justin Morneau, who was scratched from Saturday's lineup with neck stiffness. Morneau is batting .406 over his last 17 games and .459 during a 10-game hitting streak.
The Rockies hope Jordan Lyles (6-1, 3.70) can knock off the Reds for a second time this year when he takes the mound opposite Latos. He was the winner in an 11-2 victory in Cincinnati on May 10 when he allowed two runs and four hits in six innings.
Colorado will follow with Yohan Flande (0-5, 5.36) in the nightcap with the left-hander still seeking his first major league victory. The rookie was solid Tuesday at San Diego despite taking a 4-1 defeat, limiting the Padres to two runs and four hits in six innings.
He's yet to settle in at Coors Field, however, surrendering 17 runs in 20 2-3 innings over four starts.
Dylan Axelrod will make his season debut and first-ever start for the Reds a day later than expected after originally being slated to go Saturday. Axelrod, who is getting a chance after Homer Bailey was placed on the disabled list earlier in the week, was acquired from the White Sox on July 17.
He's 2-1 with a 3.06 ERA in five starts for Triple-A Louisville since being traded.
"I'm throwing the ball well," he told MLB's official website. "Everything feels like it's coming together mechanically and mentally. I have a lot of confidence right now."