- MLB's Winter Meetings end with a flourish
- Reds trade Latos to Marlins
- Reds trade Simon to Tigers
- Reds acquire Dodgers pitching prospect for Heisey
- Delino DeShields named 2015 Louisville Bats manager
- Reds hire Kevin Towers as special assistant to GM
- Reds shore up 40-man roster
- Clayton Kershaw unanimous winner of NL Cy Young
- Reds' Hamilton finishes 2nd in NL ROY Award
- Reds name Riggleman 3B coach
- Cueto named Wilson Defensive Player of the Year
- Blue Jays to play Reds in pair of Montreal games
- Cueto finalist for Cy Young Award
- Reds exercise Cueto's option, decline Ludwick
- Reds to replace third base coach Steve Smith
- Minority share in Cincinnati Reds is sold
- Reds Bell among 7 candidates named by D-Backs
- Reds can't stay with the status quo anymore
- Cueto earns 20th win on final day of season, Reds beat Pirates, 4-1
- Reds walk off in grand fashion, beat Pirates 10-6 in extras
- Reds give GM Walt Jocketty 2-year extension
- Reds score just one in loss to Pirates
- Reds aim to keep Pirates from division crown
- Reds eliminate Brewers with 5-3 win
- Reflecting back on the 2014 Reds
- Reds get 2 hits by Hannahan, lose to Brewers 5-0
- Reds set to spoil Brewers playoff plans
- Cueto wins 19th, Reds beat Brewers 3-1
- Reds begin final homestand against Brewers
- Reds hit 4 homers in 7-2 win at St. Louis
- Reds fall to Cardinals, 2-1
- Holmberg set to face Cardinals
- Hendriks wins again, pitches Cubs past Reds
- Reds out to avoid Cubs sweep
- Arrieta takes no-hitter into 8th, Cubs blank Reds
- Cueto attempts to match career high for victories
- Rizzo's walk-off homer gives Cubs 1-0 win vs. Reds
- Reds, Cubs to meet under lights in Wrigley
- Holmberg earns first win, Reds beat Brewers 5-1
- Overbay buries the Reds in the ninth as Brewers win 3-2
- Reds to play spoiler in Milwaukee
- Cueto outlasts Lynn as Reds beat Cardinals 1-0
- Cueto can tie for MLB lead in wins
- Simon uses arm, bat to lift Reds over Cardinals
- Reds complete trade that sent Broxton to Brewers
- Woman suing Reds pitcher won't have to reveal name
- Mesoraco homers, leads Reds over Cardinals 9-5
- Reds hoping to end Cardinals streak at 6
- Cardinals extend surge, beat Reds 5-0
- Reds' Axelrod leaves after 7 pitches vs Cardinals
- OPENING DAY 2015: Reds host Pirates on April 5
- Cards look to continue dominance against the Reds
- Reds give up four unearned runs, fall to Mets 4-3
- Reds end the losing streak with a 2-1 win over Mets
- Reds lose big to Mets, 14-5
- Reds in danger of worst mark since 2009
- Reds RHP Bailey to undergo elbow surgery
- Reds rally, but fall short 9-7, as Baltimore sweeps Cincinnati
- Reds out to avoid Orioles sweep
- Gonzalez goes the distance as Orioles top Reds 6-0
- Sputtering Reds turn to Axelrod
- Reds lose to Orioles 5-4
- Reds plan to move RHP Bailey to 60-day DL
- Who Asked You? Reds Edition: August 31
- A big day for Heisey gives Reds 3-2 victory over Pittsburgh
- Reds deal Broxton to Milwaukee
- Reds drop another one run game, lose 3-2 to the Pirates
- Cincinnati native Josh Harrison key in Pirates 2-1 win over Reds
- Reds, Pirates meet as playoff hopefuls
- Reds steal six bases, top Cubs 7-2
- Axelrod recalled for start against Cubs
- Reds overcome slow start to beat Cubs 7-5
- Latos takes mound day after birth of baby
- Wood helps Cubs beat Reds 3-0
- Reds look for turnaround to start against Cubs
- Who Asked You? Reds: Aug. 24, 2014
- Reds hold off the Braves in the ninth, win 5-3
- Reds lose 3-1 in 12 innings, losing streak up to 7
- Selig's stance hasn't changed on Pete Rose
- WATCH 2014 Opening Day Parade
Reds steal six bases, top Cubs 7-2
Updated: Thursday, August 28 2014, 06:17 PM EDT
CINCINNATI (AP) -- Billy Hamilton stole his 51st base and the Cincinnati Reds swiped six in all, beating the Chicago Cubs 7-2 Thursday.
Zack Cozart and Todd Frazier each stole twice, and Kristopher Negron added one more.
The Reds stole six times in the first four innings, using six hits and four walks to build a 6-0 lead against Jake Arrieta (7-5).
Cincinnati stole three in a three-run second inning and two in a three-run fourth.
Dylan Axelrod (1-0) pitched five scoreless innings of two-hit ball and struck out eight.
Cubs rookie Jorge Soler doubled and singled in his second major league game and drove in a run. He homered and singled in his debut on Wednesday.
Hamilton set the tone right away. He drew a leadoff walk in the first and stole second on the next pitch.
Hamilton went 2 for 2 with a double and walked twice. Dee Gordon of the Dodgers began the day leading the majors with 58 steals.
Negron and Cozart each stole and scored in the second. Cozart and Frazier both stole and scored in the fourth.
Cozart had three hits, including a double, and scored three times.
Reds relievers Pedro Villareal and Logan Ondrusek combined for three perfect innings. The Cubs scored two runs off Jumbo Diaz in the ninth.
Cubs: 1B Anthony Rizzo was out of the lineup for the second straight day with tightness in his lower back. Manager Rick Renteria hopes to have him back for the upcoming series in St. Louis.
Reds: RHP Homer Bailey and 1B Joey Votto are progressing at a slow rate. The Reds plan to call up seven to nine players on Monday when rosters expand to 40, according to manager Bryan Price.
Cubs: Kyle Hendricks (5-1) will open the four-game series in St. Louis on Friday. He had a rain-shortened, two-inning start Aug. 23 against Baltimore.
Reds: Mike Leake (10-11) will begin the opener of a three-game series in Pittsbutgh on Friday. Leake is 5-0 in 11 starts against Pittsburgh since a 3-2 loss on May 5, 2012.