- Chapman cleared to throw batting practice
- Phillips leaves game because of back spasms
- Reds roll into Wrigley off series win
- Reds break from slump, start getting players back
- Pirates Tabata slams into wall, helped off field
- Cueto throws 3rd shutout as Reds beat Pirates 4-0
- Reds beat Pirates 4-0
- Leake leads Reds over Pirates 7-5 for split
- Pirates beat Reds 8-7 in suspended game
- Reds to get first look at Cole
- Reds, MLB honor Jackie Robinson on Tuesday, April 15
- Pirates, Reds hit 10 HRs before game is suspended
- Chapman throws off mound for 1st time
- Reds turn attention to Pirates
- Latos undergoes MRI on sore pitching forearm
- Cobb shits down Reds, Rays win 1-0
- Reds leave the bases loaded in the ninth, fall 2-1 to Rays
- Reds to host Rays Friday
- Reds out to avoid sweep
- Cardinals rally past Reds 7-5
- Latos scratched from rehab start, Bell goes to DL
- Broxton returns from DL
- Bailey to take ball vs Cards
- Wacha paces Cardinals past Reds 5-3
- Reds activate Mesoraco from 15-day DL
- Reds set for Cardinals opener
- Simon sharp as Reds beat Mets 2-1
- Leake set to make season debut
- WATCH 2014 Opening Day Parade
- Opening Day Memories: No other day like it
- Reds lose 7-6 to Cardinals in final game of opening series
- Reds break record slump, beat Cardinals 1-0 in 9th
- Reds expect Broxton back next week
- Reds post sound vs Cardinals
- Chapman feeling good, still can't work out
- Molina's HR leads Cardinals over Reds 1-0
- Reds and Cardinals set to resume rivalry on Opening Day
- Reds make final transactions before Opening Day
- Reds announce rotation
- Reds have big concerns about pitching at outset
- Moss, Reddick hit home runs in A's win over Reds
- With a season on-deck, garden grows for Dusty Baker
- Indians defeat Reds 8-3
- Reds top Cubs 8-3
- Sixth homer by Heisey helps Reds beat Royals 9-3
- Hometown Reds exhibit opens Friday
- Chapman feels lucky after getting hit by pitch
- Reds officially update Chapman's status
- Reds closer Chapman hit in face by line drive
- Reds score 2 in 9th to rally past Indians
- Posey drives in 4 runs to lead Giants over Reds
- Darvish goes 5 innings as Rangers beat Reds 8-2
- Reds come up empty against the Cubs, 9-0
- Heisey hits 2 HRs as Reds top Mariners
- White Sox top Reds, 4-3
- Reds drop another cactus contest, 3-2 to San Francisco
- Injured Reds pitchers begin throwing
- Grand slam powers Dodgers over Reds
- Cueto struggles vs KC
- Hosmer, Perez homer in Royals 9-5 win over Reds
- Hamilton steals again, but Mariners beat Reds 6-5
- Reds injury updates
- Price wins managerial debut, Reds top Indians 8-3
- Reds move Simon into starter role with Latos hurt
- Reds Futures High School Showcase expands to 72 teams
- C Pena gives Reds a Cuban connection
- Speedy Billy Hamilton takes over Reds leadoff spot
- Homer Bailey talks about his $105 million contract
- Joey Votto shares thoughts on Bailey's $105 million contract
- Bailey wanted assurances Reds committed to winning
- Reds, RHP Bailey agree to a 6-year deal
- First full-squad Reds workout Wednesday
- Reds, Homer Bailey agree on 105M, 6-year deal
- Homer Bailey, Reds GM Jocketty talk about negotiations
- Mike Berk talks to Homer Bailey about contract
- Cingrani trying for more than all fastballs
- Bailey says he is really close to deal with Reds
- Price settles in as manager
- 5 things to know about the Reds as camp starts
- Reds want players to keep beards, hair in check
- Johnny Cueto embraces role of Reds ace
- Latos has surgery for torn knee cartilage
- Reds pitchers and catchers report to Goodyear Friday
- Reds claim RHP Brett Marshall off waivers
- Griffey Jr., Larkin do baseball diplomacy in Cuba
- Diamondbacks agree to deal with former Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo
- Chapman and Reds agree on 5 million, 1 year deal
- Chris Nelson, Reds agree to minor league contract
- Reds avoid arbitration with three more
- Game times for Reds regular season schedule announced
- Reds agree to minor league deal with LHP Francis
- 2014 Reds Caravan set for Jan. 23-26
- Reds name Dragons coaching staff
- Riggleman, rest of Reds AAA staff returns for 2014
- Reds sign 10 to minor league contracts
- Ryan Freel diagnosed with CTE
- Reds and Yankees reportedly discuss trade
- Reds must replace Choo's production in lineup
- Former Reds Concepcion, Parker not heading to HOF
- Baseball Writers Association of America Announces Reds Performance Winners
- Reds Release 2014 Cactus League Schedule
- Reds Announce 2014 Coaching Staff
- Reds Hall of Fame Announces Class of 2014
- Reds acquire Holmberg from Ari, Send Hanigan to TB
- Reds non-tender OFs Paul, Robinson
- Reports: Parra re-signs with Reds
- Schumaker, Reds complete $5 million, 2-year deal
- Sean Casey on Hall of Fame ballot
- Reds add four to 40-man
- Report: Skip Schumaker signs two-year contract with Reds
- Choo turns down Reds contract offer
- Redsfest tickets on sale
- Reds agree in principle to deal with C Pena
- Jay Bruce wins 2nd straight Silver Slugger Award
- Report: Yankees inquire about Phillips
- Reds do not make offer to Arroyo, 4 others
- Reds make qualifying offer to Choo
- Concepcion 1 of 12 candidates on the Expansion Era Hall of Fame ballot
- 5 Dates for Reds Fans this Offseason
- Phillips wins 4th Gold Glove
- Yankees Interested in Choo?
- Watch Bryan Price's Press Conference
- Reds choose Bryan Price for next manager
- Reds To Introduce New Manager Bryan Price At 3:00 P.M. Press Conference Today
- Cincinnati Reds Name New Manager
- Reports indicating Reds are shopping 2B Phillips
- Reds' Latos Undergoes Surgery
- Dusty Baker to Replace Nationals' Manager?
- Bruce nominated for Hank Aaron Award
- Reds minor leaguer suspended
- Local Reaction to Baker's Leave
- Fans Not Suprised Dusty Baker Was Fired
- Dusty Baker Fired as Reds Manager
- Reds Face Big Questions in Offseason
- Reds stayed pat, paid for it in playoffs
- Mat Latos' Wife Alleges Attack at PNC Park
- Police: No charges in fight involving Reds' wife
- Pirates beat Reds 6-2 in NL wild-card game
- Red's Wild Card Playoff Game
- Reds Race For the Pennant
- Rookies on wild-card rosters for Reds, Pirates
- Brad Talks Wildcard Playoff Game Against The Pirates
- Pirates hoping for more than cameo in playoffs
- Reds get set for Tuesday showdown
- Bumpus Jones: Who is he and why is he in the news?
- Pirates sweep series, await Reds in Wild Card
- Reds' Latos out for wild card game with sore elbow
- Reds game Tuesday starts at 8:05pm
- Cueto tapped to start Tuesday's Wild Card game at Pittsburgh
- Arroyo shelled, Pirates beat Reds 8-3 for home-field advantage
- Pirates tie HR record at Great American Ball Park
- Reds face must-win for home playoff game
- Pirates take upper-hand in pivotal final series, beat Reds 4-1
- Ludwick calls out Reds fans
- Reds postgame vs Mets
- Reds eliminated from Central race with Cardinals win
- Matsuzaka pitches Mets to 1-0 win over Reds
- Reds Fans Break Ballpark Attendance Record
- Mets rock Leake, give Reds costly 4-2 defeat
- Cueto's return gives Reds their ace for playoffs
- Buc up! Pirates, Reds punch playoff tickets
- Reds clinch playoff berth, beat Mets 3-2 in 10th
- Reds leave Pittsburgh with a big win
- Votto error costly, Reds drop contest to Pirates, 4-2
- Reds game time changed
- Votto HR lifts Reds into a Wild Card tie
- Reds and Pirates Set to Meet in Critical Series
- Marty Brennaman Signs Contract Extension
- Wild Card & NLDS tickets to go on sale
- Hamilton in starting lineup for Reds
- Reds hand Astros 100th loss, 10-0
- Reds get well against Astros
- Arroyo is Clemente Award Nominee
- Cueto solid in return; Reds top Astros 6-1
- Halton's homer walks off Reds
- Cueto set to start Monday
- Choo, Votto go deep in Reds win
- Lohse, Gomez deal Reds 5-1 loss
- Reds talk after win over Cubs
- Mesoraco, Hannahan power Reds to 6-0 win over Cubs
- Reds try to avoid Cubs sweep
- Police and Fire Appreciation Day at GABP
- Castillo homers twice as Cubs rout Reds 9-1
- Reds to open 2014 season hosting Cardinals
- Former Reds player approaching Japanese HR record
- Wood, Cubs stall Reds' surge with 2-0 win
- Bruce crushes two HRs, Reds win in last at bat
- Billy Hamilton, Reds shake Dodgers in extras
- Reds unveil Morgan statue, Rose attends
- Votto homers, lifts Reds over Dodgers
- Reds crush Lynn, take three of four from Cards
- Joe Morgan Statue Dedication Details
- Adams' HRs send Cardinals over Reds 5-4 in 16
- Hamilton's run, Chapman's fastball give Reds speed
- 1-on-1 with Bronson Arroyo
- Reds discuss win vs Padres
- Reds Analysis with Mike Berk, Richard Skinner and Dave Collins
- Homer Bailey Tosses Second No-Hitter In Reds Win
Wood, Cubs stall Reds' surge with 2-0 win
Updated: Monday, September 9 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
CINCINNATI (AP) - Left-hander Travis Wood has pitched well enough to beat his former team a few times, only to see the Cubs offense let him down.
Didn't need any help this time.
Wood beat Cincinnati for the first time in his career, repeatedly pitching out of threats for seven innings, and Chicago stalled the Reds' week-long surge with a 2-0 victory Monday night.
Wood (9-11) finally beat the team that traded him after the 2011 season. He was 0-4 in his career, including three losses this season, even though he had pitched well in most of the games. He allowed six hits and fanned seven.
Finally, he got them.
"It's the first time I've ever beaten them. That's really nice," Wood said. "I've pitched some good games against them, and they've gotten me a few times, too, so this one was nice."
Kevin Gregg gave up a double in the ninth while earning his 31st save in 35 chances.
Ryan Sweeney and Luis Valbuena homered off Bronson Arroyo (13-11), who had won his last four starts against the Cubs.
The Reds were coming off a refreshing week - six wins in seven games against the rival Cardinals and the NL West-leading Dodgers, leaving Cincinnati only 1½ games out in the NL Central. And with St. Louis idle Monday, the Reds had a chance to gain a half-game on first place.
Cincinnati hasn't been within a game of first place since May 25. The Reds have won a lot of close games and made up a lot of ground since falling a season-high 7 games out on Aug. 8.
Facing a team they have dominated, they wasted a chance to move closer.
"We had a good run against the Cardinals and the Dodgers," Arroyo said. "It would have been nice to continue it tonight, but that's what good pitching does."
Cincinnati is 13-4 against the Cubs this season. Overall, Cincinnati has won 12 of its last 15 and 22 of its last 27 against Chicago.
The last-place Cubs started their longest trip since the 2004 season, 11 games in 11 days. They also go to Pittsburgh and Milwaukee.
Sweeney hit his sixth homer in the second inning and Valbuena hit his 11th in the third. Valbuena's homer left him 6 for 12 career against Arroyo with two homers - one of the few Chicago hitters with good results against the right-hander.
Arroyo allowed seven hits over seven innings, striking out six.
Wood was traded to the Cubs for left-handed reliever Sean Marshall after the 2011 season. He had pitched well against the Reds, allowing only two runs in three of his four starts against them this season.
He didn't need much help this time.
"The luck he's had this year, it's just gratifying to see him get a win at any time," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "He's had some tough luck this year."
Wood forced Cincinnati to strand a runner at second base in the first, third, fourth, fifth and sixth innings. After Shin-Soo Choo doubled with one out in the fifth, Wood got Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto on called third strikes.
The Reds stranded seven runners in scoring position in seven innings.
"He's an All-Star," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "He was able to make his pitches when he needed to. We had men in scoring position seven times in the game. We just couldn't get that hit tonight. "
Choo was hit in the back with a pitch in the third inning, the 25th time the leadoff hitter has been plunked this season. With that, Choo surpassed Jason LaRue for the club record.
Notes: It was the Cubs' sixth shutout this season. ... Reds SS Zack Cozart had two doubles, extending his hitting streak to a career-high 14 games. ... RHP Johnny Cueto continues to throw without pain. Cueto is on the DL for the third time this season with shoulder problems. The Reds haven't decided when he could pitch in a game or what role he might have. "You don't want to force him in there and end up hurting his shoulder," Baker said. "It's great to have him as a possibility." ... LHP Tony Cingrani (7-3) starts for the Reds on Tuesday, his second appearance since returning from back spasms. The Cubs go with Edwin Jackson (7-15), who leads the NL in losses.