Nov. 25 area college football previews: Game times, TV, story/video links, predictions
CINCINNATI (WKRC/AP) - Here is a look at the Saturday, Nov. 25 area college football games:
UCONN (3-8, 2-5 AAC) at UC (3-8, 1-6)
- WHEN/WHERE: Noon at Nippert Stadium, Cincinnati.
- TV/RADIO: ESPN News; WLW-AM (700).
- OPENING LINE: UC by 4.5.
- SERIES RECORD: UC leads 10-2, including 7-0 in Cincinnati, but lost last year's meeting in Hartford, 20-9.
- SKINNY'S PICK: UConn 31, UC 27. No matter what happens this will mark a disappointing finish to Luke Fickell's first season as head coach. The Bearcats are extremely lucky not to be 1-10 right now, and while the cupboard was certainly left bare it wasn't left bare enough to be this bad or to lose like they did last week at East Carolina. UConn isn't very good and was pummeled in its last four games by an average 26.3 points per game, but all four of those teams are going bowling (Missouri, South Florida, UCF and Boston College). This will seem like a walk in the park for the Huskies compared to that.
TOP 10 STORY AND VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Luke Fickell weekly press conference
- Local12.com: Video - Luke Fickell's weekly diary
- Local12.com: Video - Complete Luke Fickell Show from Nov. 19
- GoBearcats.com: Football team website
- GoBearcats.com: Game preview, notes and info
- GoBearcats.com: Complete UC game notes package
- GoBearcats.com: Mourning loss of Assistant AD Walker
- BearcatJournal.com: Walk-on Antoun walking the walk
- Courant.com (Hartford Courant): UConn team coverage
- UConnHuskies.com: UConn football team website
No. 8 OHIO STATE (9-2, 7-1 B10) at MICHIGAN (8-3, 5-3)
- WHEN/WHERE: Noon in Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- TV/RADIO: FOX; WDJO-AM (1480), WRBI-FM (103.9).
- OPENING LINE: Ohio State by 10.
- SERIES RECORD: Michigan leads, 58-48-6, including 31-22-4 in Ann Arbor, but Ohio State has won five consecutive games and 12 of the last 14 meetings, including 30-27 in overtime last season in Columbus.
- SKINNY'S PICK: Ohio State 27, Michigan 17. The only reason this has a chance to be close is because it's a rivalry game and because it's in Ann Arbor, where the Wolverines' lone loss came just 14-10 to rival Michigan State. Ohio State was embarrassingly bad in its most recent road "test," losing at Iowa 55-24 on Nov. 4, and its other three road games were against sub.-500 teams (Indiana, Rutgers and Nebraska).
TOP 10 STORY/VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Urban Meyer weekly press conference
- Local12.com/AP: Making a case for J.T. Barrett as best QB in Ohio State history
- AP: Game preview, notes and information
- Cleveland.com: Ohio State coverage
- Columbus Dispatch (BuckeyeExtra): Ohio State coverage
- WSYX TV, Columbus (abc6onyourside.com): Ohio State coverage
- OhioStateBuckeyes.com: Football website
- OhioStateBuckeyes.com: Complete game notes package
- Freep.com: Michigan team coverage
- MGoBlue.com: Michigan team website
LOUISVILLE (7-4) at KENTUCKY (7-4)
- WHEN/WHERE: Noon at Kroger Field, Lexington, Ky.
- TV/RADIO: SEC Network; WCKY-AM (1530).
- OPENING LINE: Louisville by 9.
- SERIES RECORD: UK leads 15-14, but Louisville leads 9-8 in games played Lexington, while UK won last year's meeting in Louisville 41-38.
- SKINNY'S PICK: UK 41, Louisville 38. UK's defense has been dreadful the last seven games aside from its performance at woeful Vanderbilt, so the high-powered Louisville offense will rack up the yards. While Louisville's defense was better the last two games, both of which it won, it came against two average offenses. (Syracuse and Virginia). The Cardinals lost thee of the four games prior to that. and in the three losses it yielded an average of 567 yards to North Carolina State, Boston College and Wake Forest. This shapes up to be a similar game to last season.
TOP 10 STORY AND VIDEO LINKS
- Local12.com: Video - Mark Stoops press conference
- Local12.com/AP: Tight end Conrad has season-ending foot surgery
- AP: Underdog UK wants to prove last year's win was no fluke and 5 things to watch.
- UKAthletics.com: GameDay Central with preview, notes and links
- UKAthletics.com: Complete UK game notes package
- UKAthletics.com: UK eager for challenge and opportunity against Louisville
- Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader): UK coverage
- Kentucky.com (Lexington Herald-Leader): How teams matchup and a prediction
- Courier-Journal.com (Louisville Courier-Journal): Louisville team coverage
- GoCards.com: Louisville football team website