UC-UCLA preview: Game/TV info; story/video links; predictions
CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Here is a look at Sunday's Cincinnati-UCLA NCAA Tournament South Region second-round basketball game:
No. 6-SEED UC (30-5) vs. No. 3 UCLA (30-4)
WHEN/WHERE: 9:40 p.m. in Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, Calif.
OPENING LINE: UCLA by 2.5
RADIO/TV: WLW-AM (700)/TBS.
NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKET: Click here for a printable bracket
PREDICTION: UCLA 79, UC 73. If UC can play offensively like it did on Friday then it has a very good shot at winning, but UCLA on any given night is as good as any team in the country. The Bruins can simply fill it up and while they aren't great defensively they have gotten better thanks to mixing in more zone. It will likely come down to whether or not Troy Caupain, Jacob Evans, Kevin Johnson and Jarron Cumberland can make shots. They haven't done it consistently well away from home.
TOP 5 STORY AND VIDEO LINKS:
- GoBearcats.com: NCAA Tournament Central page
- Local12.com: Win over Kansas State game story and post-game press conferences
- Local12.com: Video: Mick Cronin discusses UCLA game
- Los Angeles Times (LATimes.com): UCLA team coverage
- UCLABruins.com: UCLA basketball team website