Most Shared

LOCAL 12 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Grease Fire Causes More Than $100,000 in Damage in Cheviot

A grease fire in the kitchen of a Cheviot home Monday night caused more than $100,000 damage.

Crews were called to a home on Lovell Avenue about 9:30 p.m. That's where officials say the fire got out of control when the owner tried to put out the grease fire himself. The kitchen was entirely burnt and much of the dining room was burned as well. There was a lot of smoke damage to the home as well.

Everyone inside did make it out safely. The Cheviot Fire Department says that one firefighter was taken to the hospital to be checked out for possibly heat-related issues.

The displaced family is currently staying with friends and family.



Advertise with us!
Advertise with us!