Most Shared

LOCAL 12 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Gas Leak Started Fire at Mason Trailer Park

MASON, Ohio (WKRC) -- Two people are recovering from burns after a gas leak caused their home to erupt in flames early Wednesday morning. Firefighters responded to the Mason trailer park off Reading Road just after 3 a.m. Local 12's Tiffany Wilson joins us from the newsroom with what a neighbor says happened.

The original trailer that caught fire is a total loss. The two neighboring trailers were significantly damaged and a total of seven people are now displaced.

Bob McKenzie describes what he saw. "I got up at 3 o'clock, went to the kitchen sink to get a drink of water and there was this big orange fireball followed by a loud explosion. The next thing I knew my trailer was lit up from the fire in the windows and I heard people screaming. I went out on my porch and the wife was out in the front yard screaming and the husband was sitting in the back door obviously in shock. I asked him if he was okay and, of course, he said no. I went over to try to get him out but he wouldn't let me. By then the fire was so intense I had to leave I came back to my trailer and got my family out."

Bob went on to describe the fire as similar to being in combat.      

At this point, we don't know how badly the two people inside the trailer were burned.  One pet dog died in the fire. Tiffany spoke to a woman from the Warren County Animal Hospital, who she says an older beagle suffered burns to its paws and is really shaken up, but should survive.

A third person was taken to Children's Liberty for evaluation.  The Red Cross is helping those who were displaced.

(The home video is courtesy of Joe Cress)

Watch video HERE



Advertise with us!
Advertise with us!