LOCAL 12 - Search Results
Firefighters fight fire across the street from their department
MONROE, Ohio (WKRC) -- An apartment fire broke out right across from the fire department in Monroe, Tuesday morning.
The fire started in a six-unit home on South Main Street at 8:20 a.m. They were able to contain the damage to the apartment where it started. There was some smoke damage to 3 units. Firefighters say the flames started where the gas line comes into a gas fireplace.
Everyone was evacuated. Those living in five of the units were allowed to return. No one was hurt.
Main Street was closed between Ohio and Elm streets while crews put down salt. Extra fire crews were called in to help deal with the cold.