LOCAL 12 - Search Results
Covington Family Forced Out of Home by Fire
COVINGTON, Ky. (WKRC) -- Four adults and a child were forced out of their home by a fire late Monday night in Covington.
Crews were called to a house on 16th Street near Garrard about 11:30 p.m. A fire had started on the second floor. Everyone who was inside was able to get out of the home safely and no injuries were reported.
Damage is estimated at $40,000. It's still not clear how the fire started. Covington's fire chief says they will be back at the fire scene Tuesday morning to try and figure out what sparked the blaze.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced family. It was not immediately clear how long it would be until the family can return.