LOCAL 12 - Search Results
Cigarette starts fire at two family home in West Price Hill
WEST PRICE HILL, Ohio (WKRC) -- Two families escape a fire in their West Price Hill home.
Firefighters responded to a call at a two-family home on Trenton Avenue shortly before 11 a.m. The fire started on the second floor. Firefighters kept the flames to the attic but there was damage throughout the building.
Everyone in the home at the time made it out safely. The owner of the building tells Local 12 he was in the process of evicting the family on the second floor because of damage they apparently caused to the unit. Fire investigators say someone on that second floor improperly discarded a cigarette.
Damage to the home is estimated to be $40,000. The Red Cross is helping one adult and four children from the second floor apartment and one adult from the first floor.