LOCAL 12 - Search Results
Algae found in lake produces toxins
BROOKVILLE, Ind. (WKRC) -- Swimmers and boaters on a popular local lake got a warning about danger in the water.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources said a dangerous form of algae has been found in Brookville Lake. Biologists discovered blue-green algae. People should not drink the water and if they swim or have contact with it they should wash off right after swimming.
Blue-green alga produces a number of different toxins that can make you sick.
Click here to watch story
Follow us on Twitter @Local12 and LIKE us on Facebook for updates!