Most Shared

LOCAL 12 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Update: Doctors use boy's rib to repair damaged throat

CINCINNATI (WKRC) -- Doctor's at Children's Hospital used a piece of a little boy's rib to repair his damaged throat.

CLICK HERE for Rich Jaffe's story on the damage a "Button Battery" did when Emmett Rauch ingested it.

Emmett was doing well after a three-hour operation Wednesday, August 27th, 2014.  The 4-year-old swallowed the button battery just after his first birthday.  It wasn't discovered for three days and burned a hole in his esophagus.  That left him unable to breathe, eat or speak.
   
His family brought him from Arizona to Children's for the life-changing surgery.  The doctor inserted a stent to help hold Emmett's airway in place.
   
The stent will be removed in two weeks.


Follow us on Twitter @Local12 and LIKE us on Facebook for updates!

VIDEO HERE
   
 

 

Talkers

Advertise with us!
Advertise with us!