CINCINNATI (WKRC) - A local rivalry continues to benefit restaurant workers who have been hard hit by the pandemic.
On Thursday night, a customer tipped $2,000 at the Skyline Chili location on 4th and Sycamore in downtown Cincinnati.
While the customer wishes to remain anonymous, they did attribute the tip to the "Crosstown Tipoff Challenge" and said that they were a member of the Bearcat nation.
This tip is now tied for the high-score of $2,000 in the "Tip War" along with a couple of other tips made on Thursday night. So far well over $20,000 has been tipped in the friendly rivalry "war".
There have been other substantial tips over $100 in support of both schools, as well.
The following tips have been made at local establishments, by Local 12's count:
- $1000 on $55 on 1-9 at Zip's Cafe for XU
- $1001 on $32 on 1-14 at Keystone Bar & Grill - Clifton for UC
- $1002 on $66 on 1-25 at Goose & Elder for XU
- $1005 on $20 on 1-27 at Chandler's for UC
- $1006 on $4 on 1-28 at O'Bryon's Bar And Grill - Newport for UC
- $1007 on $63 on 1-28 at Sacred Beast for XU
- $1200 on $48 on 1-28 at Johnnys Westside Bar & Grill for XU
- $1010 on $6 on 1-29 at Dead Low Brewing for XU
- $1008 on $121 on 1-29 at Arnold's Bar & Grill for UC
- $1000 on $14 on 1-30 at Price Hill Chili for XU
- $1010 on $200 on 1-30 at Red Feather for UC
- $1010 on $72 on 1-30 at China Gourmet for UC
- $1100 on $61 on 1-31 at Bellevue Bistro for XU
- $1015 on $10 on 1-31 at Skyline Chili Oakley for UC
- $1250 on $29 on 1-31 at Zip's Cafe for UC
- $1500 on $128 on 2-1 at Incline Public House for "both"
- $1500 on $26 on 2-2 at The Echo for XU
- $1690.69 on $3.xx on 2-4 at JTaps Sports Bar & Grill for UC
- $2000 on $39.89 on 2-4 at R P McMurphy's for UC
- $1,051 on $43.58 on 2-4 at The Holy Grail at The Banks for UC
- $1,234 at Montgomery Inn on 2-4 for UC
- $1,690 at JTaps on 2-4 for UC
- $2,000 at Skyline Chili on 4th and Sycamore for UC
- $2,151 on a $9.13 bill at Mio's Pizzeria on Short Vine for UC