Study: Chocolate is one of 'top 6 foods that keep you young'
CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Just in time for Easter, one of the most popular foods you'll find in your basket is making the list of “anti-aging foods.”
A “little” is likely the key word there, but chocolate has made the latest list just released by Consumer Reports on health for the “Top 6 Foods That Keep You Young.”
The foods on the list work against things in the body that lead to aging everything from your appearance to your skin, and what's underneath it.
Researchers have discovered what are called “telomeres,” which are protective caps at the end of your chromosomes in your body.
Along with regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle, there's some science that those telomeres play a role in slowing down everything from heart disease to memory loss.
It appears diet makes a difference in these too, so it's suggested that as a regular part of your diet to work against aging you include six foods that top the list.
- Peppers. Green, yellow red and even hot peppers --due to the way they may fight inflammation.
- Whole grains make the list -- those who eat more of them, appear to live longer, and healthier.
- Fish makes the anti-aging list --people who eat it twice a week appear to fight brain aging.
- Beans also make the list -- the plant proteins appear to protect against aging
- The same is true for nuts
- Finally, chocolate --which is filled with flavonoids may also keep you forever young.