Attempt to thaw pipes leads to Northside house fire

Attempt to thaw pipes leads to a fire on Donaldson Place (WKRC)

NORTHSIDE, Ohio (WKRC) - Two adults and two children were forced out of their home after an early morning fire in Northside.

Firefighters were called to the home on Donaldson Place at about 6 a.m.

Investigators say the homeowner told them they were using a heat gun to unfreeze pipes and his insulation caught fire.

The flames quickly spread from the basement to the attic before crews could knock it down.

No one was hurt. No word how much damage the flames did to the home.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off