Colerain Township firefighters rescue unconscious man during fire

The Colerain Township Fire Department said one man was sent to the hospital after a fire in the Northbrook area of the neighborhood. (WKRC File)

COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WKRC) - The Colerain Township Fire Department said one man was sent to the hospital after a fire in the Northbrook area of the neighborhood.

Crews were called to a home on Yuba Court just before 9:30 p.m. Wednesday after a child that lived in the home ran to a neighbor's house to report the fire. After calling 911, the neighbor helped get another child out of the home by pulling them through a first-floor bedroom window.

When firefighters arrived, they found the home full of smoke and a man unconscious on the floor. They pulled him to safety and paramedics treated him at the scene before he was transported to UC Medical Center where his condition is unknown at this time.

Firefighters said the fire started in the kitchen after food was left on the stove. It was quickly put out, causing about $500 in damage.

The residence reportedly had no working smoke detectors.


close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending