WEST END, Ohio (WKRC) - The fight to save a historic church from demolition comes to an end.
Cincinnati's conservation board decided not to designate the building at 1556 John Street in the West End as a landmark. Members decided too much of it was changed in a 1976 renovation.
It was the city's second-oldest synagogue and is now home to Revelation Missionary Baptist Church. FC Cincinnati bought the property in May in anticipation of future development around its new Major League Soccer stadium.
A city council member applied for the historic designation after the team received a demolition permit in September for the 154-year-old church.
FCC is building the congregation a new home in North College Hill, and there's no timeline yet for when the West End church could be removed.