Bengals 2018 Mock Draft 4.0: Some three round mocks and a lot of O linemen picked
NOTE: With the Bengals at 5-6 and facing a lot of work ahead in order to make the playoffs in 2017, it's time to start looking at possible fixes in the 2018 NFL Draft, which we will do every Tuesday through the Draft in late April. These early looks at mock drafts are just a small sampling of what will come each week, and will eventually build up to Local12.com Digital Sports Columnist/Editor Richard Skinner doing a few different full seven-round mock drafts for the team prior to the NFL Scouting Combine, after the Combine and then just prior to the draft itself as he did in 2017 (here is his final 2017 mock draft).
CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Here is a look at five different mock drafts, including three that were updated after the Bengals' win over the Cleveland Browns this past Sunday - two of which offer more than just a first-round selection - and there are plenty of picks to help the offensive line, which has actually shown some signs of improvement of late, but still needs plenty of help:
- DraftBlaster.com (Updated Nov. 28 with Bengals picking No. 12 and adds pick for second round): 1st round - CB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama); 2nd round - OT Mitch Hyatt (Clemson).
- Bleacher Report (Updated Nov. 27 with Bengals picking No. 12): G Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame).
- SB Nation (Updated Nov. 27 with Bengals picking No. 12): OT Orlando Brown (Oklahoma).
- WalterFootball.com (Updated Nov. 24 with Bengals picking No. 8 and adds picks for second round and third round): 1st round - G Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame); 2nd round - OT Jamarco Jones (Ohio State); 3rd round - S Terrell Edmunds (Virginia Tech).
- NFLDraftScout.com (Updated Nov. 21 with Bengals picking No. 7): OT Connor Williams (Texas).
THE TAKEAWAY: DraftBlaster.com has stuck with Fitzpatrick for a few weeks, and it's not out of the question for the Bengals to address cornerback in the first round-- but it's not very likely either. They will likely go with one in the middle rounds with Dre Kirkpatrick, William Jackson III and Darqueze Dennard all around still in 2018.
Fitzpatrick is the No. 1-rated cornerback in the Class of 2019 by NFLDraftScout.com and could declare for the 2018 Draft.
Nelson is the top pick in two of the mocks, and is the No. 1-rated guard in the Class of 2019 by NFLDraftScout.com and could also declare for the 2018 draft.
Brown, who is the son of late NFL offensive lineman Orlando "Zeus" Brown, is the No. 1-rated tackle in the Class of 2019 by NFLDraftScout.com, while Williams is the No. 2-rated tackle in the Class of 2019.
As for DraftBlaster.com's second-round pick Hyatt, he is the No. 4-rated tackle in the Class of 2019 by NFLDraftScout.com, and has second-round grade.
WalterFootball.com's second-round pick Jones is the No. 5-rated tackle in the Class of 2018 by NFLDraftScout.com, but has a third-round grade, while its third-round pick Edmunds is the No. 2-rated strong safety in the Class of 2019 and has a third-round grade.
EARLIER MOCK DRAFT STORIES
Here is a link to the previous Bengals 2018 Mock Draft stories from Local12.com:
- Mock Draft 1.0: Sampling of 5 mocks shows offensive line, safety the pick
- Mock Draft 2.0: Offensive line, CB most recent picks, but QB in play?
- Mock Draft 3.0: Sample of 5 mocks is offensive line heavy, but CB, and even QB picked, too