Bengals name Hue Jackson to staff as special assistant
FILE - In this Aug. 17, 2018, file photo, Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson walks on the field before an NFL football preseason game against the Buffalo Bills, in Cleveland. Cleveland is coming off an 0-16 embarrassment and can only hope to be respectable. Since the creation of the current AFC North in 2002, the Browns are the only team never to finish in first place. (AP Photo/David Richard, File)
CINCINNATI, Ohio (WKRC) - It's now official. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis announced Hue Jackson will join the Bengals’ coaching staff as Special Assistant to the Head Coach.
“I have a great comfort level with Hue and his ability to assist me with the day-to-day responsibilities on defense, including analyzing our opponents and helping me on game days with the players and defensive coaches,” Lewis said.
Said Jackson: “I’m pleased to have the opportunity to join the Bengals this season. There is a lot of talent on this team, and I look forward to doing my part to help it finish the season strong.”
Jackson is in his 18th season as an NFL coach.
- 1985-86—Played quarterback, Pacific.
- 1987—Graduate assistant, Pacific.
- 1988-89—Assistant coach (AC), Pacific.
- 1990-91—AC, Cal State-Fullerton.
- 1992-95—AC, Arizona State.
- 1996—Offensive Coordinator, California.
- 1997-2000—Offensive coordinator, Southern California.
- 2001-02—AC, Washington Redskins.
- 2003—Offensive coordinator, Redskins.
- 2004-06—AC, Cincinnati Bengals.
- 2007—Offensive coordinator, Atlanta Falcons.
- 2008-09—AC, Baltimore Ravens.
- 2010—Offensive coordinator, Oakland Raiders.
- 2011—Head coach, Raiders.
- 2012-13—AC, Cincinnati Bengals.
- 2014-15—Offensive coordinator, Bengals.
- 2016-18—Head coach, Cleveland Browns.
- 2018-present—Special Assistant to the Head Coach, Bengals.
Information courtesy Cincinnati Bengals