NKU's Poore wins Horizon League Golf Championship
HOWEY-IN-THE-Hill, Fla. (WKRC) - Jacob Poore took to the 18th tee with a comfortable seven-shot lead and cruised to the 2018 Horizon League Individual Championship at 1-under for the tournament. The Norse slipped to a fifth-place finish in the team standings.
More on Poore
• Poore was dominant on the back nine, shooting 3-under par over the course of the three rounds.
• He also led the field in scoring at 4-under on the par-5 holes. The Union, Kentucky (Ryle), native played the par-3s at 1-under and par-4 holes at plus-four.
• His 12 birdies were three more than any other player in the field
• This marks the first career-win for Poore, topping his second-place finish at the 2017 Wright State Invitational.
• The Norse posted a 305, making for a consistent event as the team posted scores of 304 and 306 across the first two rounds.
• Wright State clipped the Norse by a single stroke and IUPUI, which finished third, was just four shots ahead of NKU.
• Cleveland State claimed the team title at 37-over.
• Jackson Frame added a 76 to help the Norse cause. He earned a share of 18th.
• Ty DeBonis (77) and Logan Gamm (80) carded NKU’s final countable scores. Gamm finished 25th and DeBonis 26th.
5. Northern Kentucky – 304-306-305-915
1. Jacob Poore – 69-71-72-212
t18. Jackson Frame– 79-77-76-232
25. Logan Gamm – 80-76-80-236
26. Ty DeBonis– 78-82-77-237
t34. Joseph Clark – 78-82-87-247
By virtue of his victory in the Horizon League Championship, Poore has qualified for the NCAA Regionals.
Information provided by NKU Athletics.